GTA on DS

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: GTA on DS

Post by BlackAura »

BILAL_XIA wrote:In this day and age where game requirements go upto multiple Giga Bytes them make something which is barely over 100 MB, I don't know quite what to say.
Then please, stop saying anything.

A DS is not in the same hardware league as the kind of consoles that require multiple gigabytes of storage. It's a portable device. Size, weight, power consumption, cost, and robustness are far more important design considerations. That's why it uses solid-state disks, rather than optical disks. Optical discs use much more power - part of the reason the PSP has such poor battery life compared to the DS - and it's much easier to break an optical drive than a cartridge slot.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
Been thanked: 0

Post by Skynet »

I bet Bilal just pirates his games anyway, with his EZflash or whatever he said he has. If I am wrong, then sorry. I don't see what the problem is really, Nintendo obviously isn't targeting you if you can't get past the fact that the games don't have voice acting. Neither do the Zelda games and there is more than enough space on a DVD for that to have been implemented on the Wii so storage isn't an issue, do you not play Zelda because it has no voice acting?
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

DuffMan wrote:That would be really cool. It seems like they were pressed for space as it is though.
Well, it HAS midi songs, a number of them, on the radio (some of which are decent, some of which are not). They're just made up for the game. I think they should have used licensed midi tracks INSTEAD of these. It was certainly technically possible, and I don't see why the budget wouldn't allow it...
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Ex-Cyber wrote:There are some 256MB games, and if I'm reading things right the protocol allows a ROM up to 4GB. Of course, this doesn't mean that Nintendo's suppliers are actually prepared to make a ROM that big anytime soon (and the security scheme doesn't seem to lend itself to a multi-chip setup).
Ah, I stand corrected. It's good to see that larger games are theoretically possible and hopefully with time ROM costs will come down to the point where huge carts are viable.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Skynet wrote:I bet Bilal just pirates his games anyway, with his EZflash or whatever he said he has. If I am wrong, then sorry.
Apology Accepted.

I do download games and store all of them on my EZFlash simply because I like having all my games in one card when I'm travelling, however I still buy all the games I intend on spending more than an hour with, I just try before I buy :P.

I firmly believe in buying orignal software as it is an investment towards better quality software therefore If I like a game, I will buy it before playing it beyond the 1st level, but I will try it first.
I don't see what the problem is really, Nintendo obviously isn't targeting you if you can't get past the fact that the games don't have voice acting. Neither do the Zelda games and there is more than enough space on a DVD for that to have been implemented on the Wii so storage isn't an issue, do you not play Zelda because it has no voice acting?
I am a Sega fan so I haven't had so much Nintendo exposure and the Zelda/Metroid and all these Nintendo franchises are to intimidating to get into now... Maybe If I played these franchises when they started I would follow them but don't feel like jumping in the middle of the race. And isn't link incapable of talking or something?

Look to me Voice acting is alittle important but that is just my preference, if you want to play GTA go ahead, it's a pretty good mixture of the classic GTA formula with the Current GTA formula... It's just that I really enjoyed Vice City primarily because of the story line and the first class voice acting and I wanted more of the same for China Town Wars, but I guess now I will just play GTA4 instead.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

melancholy wrote:Wow, is voice acting really so important on a handheld that you refuse to buy a game without it? Honestly, I would prefer text mainly because handhelds are meant to be played on the go, and most places would be inconvenient to have the volume turned up.

Earphones?

edited mel's post instead of quoting :oops:
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Well BILAL_XIA surely you never played Shenmue either due to the poor voice acting.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

First of all Shenmue's voice acting isn't all bad, yes it has some poorly delivered lines but then again Corey Mashall has delivered some great lines as well.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

No, his lines were terrible. :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

On a related note, I beat the DS GTA. Quite enjoyable last few missions. The ending is pretty abrupt and not so great though, as I expected. Oh well.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.