Spotify

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Spotify

Post by not just souLLy now »

I know these are hard to find in the US right now, have some invite codes kids:

https://www.spotify.com/us/invitation/

eRCxb9aZ9CuNCTAc
d3hUff2cgFAf9ySG
bNp88sTfGfMC99xK
fprYHMAEn3bWZY4Y
cBXeD9JCEMPNbg3B
a5p4fyMRXebDtnBW
dyzNnwB8CKhwMc9A
a96NeGx2UAYJHcut
erRDnEEhSr7SqhAH
b5ctF3UNtJY6tRUn
Last edited by not just souLLy now on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Spotify

Post by pavelbure »

took the 1st one.

Thank you
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Thanks. I took this one:

a96NeGx2UAYJHcut
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

In the case you run out, I've got an extra one too.
Last edited by pixel on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I grabbed erRDnEEhSr7SqhAH.
RyoDC
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RyoDC »

I steal this: dyzNnwB8CKhwMc9A
How do I try to build a Dreamcast toolchain:
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I've been using Spotify all weekend and it's well worth the hype. I think it's the first online music service to make it feel like an offline service. Sites such as Grooveshark will like a website, albeit clumsy and clunky, and make it hard to find what you want. With Spotify, my iPod Touch syncs wireless over WiFi as I make changes to playlists on my computer. The usability leaves me in awe. It's like having Winamp or iTunes, but with 15 million songs. The only problems I've had are finding popular music from before ~1970. Many artists from the 50s and 60s have recorded faulty re-releases and other goofy results clutter the search process.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Not available in Canada.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I wish it supported the HTC HD7. It's a nice service, but if they're gonna charge me to use it on the go (which they can't do anyway since my phone is not supported) then there's nothing that separates it from other subscription services.

EDIT: I stole another code from you for a friend.

a5p4fyMRXebDtnBW
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Luriden wrote:I wish it supported the HTC HD7. It's a nice service, but if they're gonna charge me to use it on the go (which they can't do anyway since my phone is not supported) then there's nothing that separates it from other subscription services.

EDIT: I stole another code from you for a friend.

a5p4fyMRXebDtnBW
I didn't know Android apps weren't universal across handsets. $10/month seems kind of steep, but that's the same price as an album a month. Since I buy digital-only these days anyway, it seems to be worth the money. And I think the mobile support is great. Everything scrobbles and stays synced across multiple devices. Grooveshark has always been buggy for me and Last.fm doesn't let you pick songs. For me, it's the best music player app I've seen.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I honestly doubt it'll ever be compatible with Windows Phones, actually. At least not the newest ones with Zune support. Grooveshark worked for a short time before M$ shut 'em down. Nothing gets in the way of Zune or off with your head.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Other than a few small hiccups that I've seen with the Mac client (where it tries to load a commercial, fails for some reason, and gets confused requiring a restart of the program), I think its all pretty nice. I don't think I'll be paying for the paid service any time soon (since I wouldn't really need streaming to mobile devices or anything like that).

Thanks a lot souLLy for putting up the invite codes. :mrgreen: Also, do you mind if I let my brother-in-law have one? I figured I'd ask before I just assumed that'd be ok.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Take any you like man, I'm sure I'll get a bunch more invites soon.

Some really nice features you guys should check out are:
Collaborative playlists; create a playlist and right click it's name. Set it to collaborative playlist and then right click it again and copy HTTP link. Share that link with a friend and you can all add to it.
If you activate Spotify social you can creep at which of your Facebook friends have Spotify and see what playlists they have. If there are any you like you can subscribe to them and they'll be added to your playlist bar too.
There are two levels of premium, one that just gets rid of ads, raises the quality of music and takes away any limits, the higher level one just adds mobile support. The iPhone app is really well done.
Just being able to right click a track and copy HTTP link to let other people hear it is awesome too.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

not just souLLy now wrote:If you activate Spotify social you can creep at which of your Facebook friends have Spotify and see what playlists they have. If there are any you like you can subscribe to them and they'll be added to your playlist bar too.
I've been browsing through the social function, and unfortunately, I haven't found much from my friends. :( The iPhone app is tits. I might remove the music I've manually added through iTunes and just use Spotify. The ability of making iTunes playlists on my computer and then downloading for offline use on my iPod almost seems easier than docking.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Luriden wrote:I honestly doubt it'll ever be compatible with Windows Phones, actually. At least not the newest ones with Zune support. Grooveshark worked for a short time before M$ shut 'em down. Nothing gets in the way of Zune or off with your head.
Ahh ... I should've looked closer and not just assumed it was Android. Are there any non-first party music apps for Windows phones?
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

pixel wrote:
not just souLLy now wrote:If you activate Spotify social you can creep at which of your Facebook friends have Spotify and see what playlists they have. If there are any you like you can subscribe to them and they'll be added to your playlist bar too.
I've been browsing through the social function, and unfortunately, I haven't found much from my friends. :( The iPhone app is tits. I might remove the music I've manually added through iTunes and just use Spotify. The ability of making iTunes playlists on my computer and then downloading for offline use on my iPod almost seems easier than docking.
That's basically what I do now, iTunes is used purely for video for me now.
If you know someone's username, you can view their social profile even if you're not their friend on Facebook, just do a search like: "spotify:user:soully".
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

not just souLLy now wrote:
pixel wrote:
That's basically what I do now, iTunes is used purely for video for me now.
If you know someone's username, you can view their social profile even if you're not their friend on Facebook, just do a search like: "spotify:user:soully".
45 playlists. You have a lot. D:

Edit: If anyone is interested, my username is bigpixl
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'm boneycork, or you can just find me through the Facebooks.

I like Spotify but don't use it a lot, mainly because music piracy is so common in China. All the major labels here just signed off on free streaming and downloads of all their music in exchange for banner-ad revenue.