I need a new portable CD player

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mmboy »

i heard they really suck, compared to the panasonic one that i want to get
sig down :( gehy boomspeed... any1 wanna host it? where could i host it?
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

then get the panasonic one. I know panasonic is better but I bought this before I cared what brands I had, it still works pretty good so its ok for me.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Brothaman wrote:Whatever you do don't get a RioVolt SP150... The sound quality is horrible... not as good as my Sony Walkman that doesn't play MP3's... I was so disappointed by that... that I went back to my regular walkman and kept burning Audio CD's.
Sounds fine to me. Unless he's an audiophile, it should be fine. It plays my Zwan Live set better then my Sony Discman I got for 100 3 years back.

BTW, most of the bad review I hear on the product are damn odd.

Skips too much - Never had it skip once when I was jogging.

Volume is horrible - Plays louder then you'd ever need

I think it might have some bad models though, since none of the problems I've read about it happen to me.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Zwan ... live? hook me up please : )
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

I got the panasonic 1 off of amazon, I only Paid $35! It was $45 and I had a $10 off thingy, and it had free S&H (but its gonna take like 7 days...) By comparison, it is way better than anything in its price range! 48 hr battery life and mp3 compatibilty and the flawless skip protection is what did it for me, plus it comes w/ one of those sweet lil controller thingies :P can't wait to get it!
s700pid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by s700pid »

Opps to late... if I was you I would have got the iRiver, I would recommend that anyone thinking about buying a CD MP3 player has a listen to one... the sound quality is amazing... though the menus do kinda suck
Stupid is as Stupid posts
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

I just got it in the mail today, this player is so incredibly nice! The Panasonic SL-SX420, is definately the best bang 4 your buck. For $45 you get skipless playback, I shook it real good and no skipage, MP3 play back ( onlything is there is no ID3 tag, but do u really need it?) and 48 hours of battery life!! plus this thing comes with a controller and batteries on the in side, so they will never fall out! It also has equalizers, and it is small and round. If u dont have much cash, even if u do, get this one. I am very happy with my purchase. Way better than any $ony player in this price range.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

ID3 tag is crucial sometimes....

And I'd run around with the CD player in your pocket to test the anti-skip. I play soccer with my Riovolt and it never skips.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I'm going to bump this topic because I need a new cd player now. My old Philips X-Treme just wore out (after 4 years of daily use, very good player) and now I'm ready for a new one. I've been to Target and seen some very cool ones. I'm hoping to get one with MP3 playback as well. I saw a Panasonic one that looked very cool at Target, it plays CD, CD-R/RW, MP3, AM/FM radio, and had 35 hour playback and skip protection. It's $90 though. I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction as well. Is this a good buy? And I would like it to have ID3 but if it the price shoots through the roof with that feature then it's not needed.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=11024

This one looks pretty cool, and it supports VBR also which is very cool, since all my VGM is in VBR.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

most portable player support VBR I think, my cheap Riovolt plays them no prob.