Portable SNES

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
ps2insight
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Portable SNES

Post by ps2insight »

Before starting on making a portable DC I decided to go with something easier. So I picked a snes since I have about 5 of them laying around. But my question is can I just use a gamegear screen instead of buying a screen?

So wadya think :|
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

i think i remember hearing u CAN use a game gear screen ;)

not sure though........don't get your hopes up :?
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly

Post by MidnightObsidian »

I SERIOUSLY doubt it's possible... but good luck, man.
I'm not Clessoulis. Seriously.
dj_rigo
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by dj_rigo »

and what model of snes are you using? maybe the new model has got a smaller board
PS2 sUcZ! :p
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

Well I have never seen the inside of a GameGear, nor do I know about the indernal video interface of it. However, my educated guess would be that it is not possible :(

However good luck with your project and if possible take some pictures of your progress.

If this trend continiues we will have to open a forum specifically for portableising (is that even a word?) consoles ;)
Drink your weak lemon drink now!
ps2insight
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by ps2insight »

I am still trying to consider how to do this. I really don't want to spend $85 for a screen. So since I can careless what happens to either system I will go for it. I will try to make a step by step guide to just in case it works.

Thanks for your guys help.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

It can be done with both a game gear and a nomad - I'd guess it would be easier with a nomad. I've seen it done, though I don't really know the tech things about the connection. I saw a game gear modded with an RF tuner (no, it didn't have the TV tuner plugged in, it was actually altered) and all the guts of the game gear popped out. Guy I knew made it into a portable LCD for a few of his projects.
la_eternal
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by la_eternal »

I've taken apart a new model Game Gear (sold by Majesco Sales for $30 or so) and the screen didn't look friendly concerning modifications, but give it a shot and report what you find.