modem doesn't connect anymore... :(

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

modem doesn't connect anymore... :(

Post by 0newinged »

whenever i want to go online with my DC with anything (PSO or Planetweb or dreamkey or anyhting else...) i can barely ever connect... I checked my isp stuff, made sure it was connected properly, cleaned it, prayed for it, and it just wont work. the odd thing is my bro has a dc aswell and when he brought his over and used my phone line, modem and isp settings on his dc, BOOM it works!! :?: im guessing theres a prob with something inside my dreamcast... anyone else have this sort of problem?
la_eternal
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by la_eternal »

What ISP are you using? Is it the same as your friends? Did you try your modem on your friend's DC? Did you try your DC at your friend's house?

Try things out in multiple situations to minimize errors. Also, when asking for help, post as many details as possible that are relevant. For example, if you are using a free ISP, you may have problems with them trying to cut down on people using the service on platforms other than those that can display the ads that pay for the service.
0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by 0newinged »

I'm using a paid ISP, Bell Advantage (bellZinc). It works perfectly on my computer and on my brother's dreamcast. I made sure the settings are _exactly_ the same on both dreamcasts. I've also tried different lines, and i did bring it to my freind's house once with no luck. The modem itself is fine too so I'm thinking it would be better just to buy a new dreamcast.