Prydon Gate: Curse of Korweh

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Prydon Gate: Curse of Korweh

Post by Tyne »

Good and bad news, the expansion to Prydon Gate works well and is very playable .. The bad news is after I entered the Canyon it froze on loading the map. :\

That may be my fault however as I shoved all the Korweh stuff into one pak file (23 megs) and then burned it, also the disc has been multisessioned to hell and back.

Give it a try on a fresh CD someone, I'm all out.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Been thanked: 0

Post by mankrip »

Great news :D .

But where do I find the expansion pack? I found nothing about it in the Prydon Gate's website

Is Prydon Gate completed now?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

You can try RADquake beta 3 now at my site full dc control like TS studios. lacks sound and saving ill get it finshed one day but. it should load what you want.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I still hope you intend on completing or getting RADQuake to a an awesome level of playability. Having Prydon Gate on Dreamcast complete with it's upcoming expansion packs will add another RPG to the Dreamcast's library - plus this one is homebrew meaning it can be expanded upon.

I don't think the Canyon level will ever load on the titanium release because it's a freaking huge level.

Curse of Korweh can be found at: http://www.qexpo.com, go to FrikaC's booth; I also just recently found out that there are bug fixes for the progs.dat on the Inside3D forums, don't ask me why. :|
Last edited by Tyne on Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

Reaper,
When did you make that release? Very recent I guess. The last time I tried to download your updated beta (between the original release and this one) the file was corrupted. I'll try to grab this one tonight.

As far as needed features... For this particular mod saving is REQUIRED. :( (That is unless you want to spend many hours non stop building up your character just to see if the add on levels even work)

I thought I remembered your first beta having (bad) sound. Am I remembering wrong? (been awhile since I tried it)

And I agree with pretty much everything Tyne just said. Only I didnt know that there was a bugfix progs.dat avalible now too. I've not taken a good look yet but it may be possible to split up that huge level a bit... or at least lighten the load on ram a bit

I should probibly also add that FrikaC said that the Electronics Liberation Front is working on their own add on map pack for Prydon Gate as well.
Last edited by TheDumbAss on Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

TDA Get your ass on #qc now.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

Sorry Tyne. I'm at work. I shouldnt even be on here... should be fixing peoples mess-ups that they make while building these crappy HP and Compaq computers.
I may get to get on there sometime in the next few days though... I'll try at least. (busy busy busy)
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Alright, well I just posted what I was going to tell you in private so it's no biggie.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

http://www.imrtech.mirrorz.com/ im hosted on ngemu the new version has no sound, at all. I will finsh it in time. Right now tho controls and geting it like TS in control was the main worry. (Beta1) had bad sound (beta 2) had perfect sound. =--both of those were keyboard only--=. (beta3) has dc control support the same as TS in control. and should be fullspeed.

When you vist my new site press reload a lot . as your isp needs to update its cache till it does my site shows as offline but it is really there.

http://imrtechnology.ngemu.com/download ... UAKEb3.rar is the latest version not that old few weeks. theres a SBI version of both. had the sound right on beta2 but beta 3 the sound broke when i put the new control system. thought it was worth it to be better for non keyboard users.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Reaper, do you have ICQ/AIM/MSN? I'd like to talk about your Quake engine.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Msn reaper_angel@hotmail.com i dont have it on much tho you could allways email me any changes you want . if i can do it im open to it.

If you cant get on to my main site here it is on space provided by our mod dreamgamer.
http://dreamgamer.com/imr/RAD_QUAKEb3.rar

Thanks to him for that.
Dreamcast forever!!!
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

so does this mean that there has been a prydon gate release? where would i find it?

-Keith
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

As I stated above, you can grab it off the qexpo site from FrikaC's booth.. links above.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

OH the only real change right now between nx quake and rad quake is one uses a SDL driver the control system is from nx quake. some times it even says it is i used it as a refrence so it be how people are use to controling it and work with more mods and such. beta 3 is a real beta inbetween big changes. i hope to get a new version out in a few weeks not today sorry i try it and it worked but . the controls were a little strange.
Dreamcast forever!!!
FrikaC
QuakeC Buddha
QuakeC Buddha

Post by FrikaC »

I pretty much knew the canyon wouldn't work on QuakeDC, the map actually goes beyond the extents of the coordinate system, it's so large (that's okay in normal Quake, because the parts beyond the normal extents aren't reachable).

The Prydon Gate website will be updated in a few days with a more 'proper' release. Meaning, the dev version of Prydon will be seperated from Korweh and some new stuff thrown in. TDA (that's The Dark Age, not TheDumbAss), the ELF's expansion, will be released in a few weeks aswell, and that should be posted on both the ELF site and on the Prydon Gate homepage.

I seriously doubt TDA will work with QuakeDC.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

"I seriously doubt TDA will work with QuakeDC."

Which is why RADQuake or nxQuake should be anticipated upon a lot. :wink: