Forced into warez

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Wagh
Wagh
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Wagh »

Ian Micheal wrote:Yeah i have talked to them. yes movies come with exe unpak programs as well I dont know if you know but a mpg video or JPG can have a payload trojan. Website dont do it for nothing Im sorry you dont believe me thats your problem. I know some of them. The guys are cool hmm. Thiefs are cool these days? Yeah When you think my freind is the main member of farlight and we talk about it. And he tells me what games to never touch because they just put this trojan in them or there is a keylogger in the exe install its not my problem you been warned Tales are that it is safe . Yup there really funny guys like when one of them sent me the CIH version and it killed my computer on the 26 of the month real funny.
if you're in cahoots with these guys why do you disdain them? er thats right because you don't know wtf you're talking about. Oh yes all videos come in exe form with m4d keyloggers!!!##$$ Gotta love that straight up mpeg 2 dvd stream -_- yeah that video only takes up .1gb the rest 4.6gb is all for keyloggers and trojans ph33r
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Fake programs, yes. Virus-ridden programs, yes. MP3s filled with trojans? No way. People have been sharing them for years, and whilst it might be technically possibly, it's not something that will become wide-spread.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Kazaa is full of viruse fake programs.
now kazaa is in on it? WAIT! We got a member of the RIAA in here! :mrgreen:
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Im not in any thing with them i happen to know some one that runs one of the groups And he is not a nice person at all.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Ian Micheal wrote:MP3s also can be packed with a viruse im suprised you people are so behind. THe main players start the chain and let the sheep do the rest.

People have now got into that ad do it because they get songs to there not doing it for nothing.

For exmaple this is on kazaa right now

BLINK_182.MP3.pif when you download it it shows as a mp3 click it and it does not open winamp you get a virus
well wtf do you expect? kazaa isn't real warez! omfg kiddies. Kazaa isn't hardcore warez nor are pubs or crappy irc or newsgroups... what you find on there is not the original final product most of the time.
Giving H-E-A-D head
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Ian Micheal wrote:Im not in any thing with them i happen to know some one that runs one of the groups And he is not a nice person at all.

yet he's your friend?
Giving H-E-A-D head
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

CIH can be contracted by downloading an infected file, or by opening an infected e-mail attachment.

The so-called CIH or "space filler" virus originated in Asia last summer and hits on the 26th of each month. A variant, CIH 1.2, that appears only once a year in April, is the "most prevalent and dangerous" form of the virus, said Sal Viveros, marketing vice president for Network Associates Inc., the largest computer security company.

The virus is also called the Chernobyl virus because it's timed to go off on the anniversary of the Russian nuclear accident, one of technology's worst disasters.

The virus is designed to hide from view by inserting itself into empty coding slots on a computer's software utilities. Viruses are often detected because they use up extra space on hard drives, but the "space filler" characteristic helps CIH avoid that traditional method of detection. It can lie dormant for months before causing damage.

I was hit with that when you mother board no longer works becuase your to cheap to buy games. Remember you were warnings these crackers are not nice people at all.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Random_Troll wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Im not in any thing with them i happen to know some one that runs one of the groups And he is not a nice person at all.

yet he's your friend?
Well yes Since i was before he did that stuff.
Dreamcast forever!!!
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Ian Micheal wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:

yet he's your friend?
Are you no longer his friend because of what he did, or because of something else?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Ian Micheal wrote:CIH can be contracted by downloading an infected file, or by opening an infected e-mail attachment.

The so-called CIH or "space filler" virus originated in Asia last summer and hits on the 26th of each month. A variant, CIH 1.2, that appears only once a year in April, is the "most prevalent and dangerous" form of the virus, said Sal Viveros, marketing vice president for Network Associates Inc., the largest computer security company.

The virus is also called the Chernobyl virus because it's timed to go off on the anniversary of the Russian nuclear accident, one of technology's worst disasters.

The virus is designed to hide from view by inserting itself into empty coding slots on a computer's software utilities. Viruses are often detected because they use up extra space on hard drives, but the "space filler" characteristic helps CIH avoid that traditional method of detection. It can lie dormant for months before causing damage.

I was hit with that when you mother board no longer works becuase your to cheap to buy games. Remember you were warnings these crackers are not nice people at all.
uhm bud.. that's called a worm :) learn what viruses are first. You prolly got the file through kazaa through someone who had the virus and boom you get fucked end o story. seriously I don't feel like arguing with you any more I mean.. I've been doing this stuff since the bbs days and well .. no. It's a good idea.... but no.
Giving H-E-A-D head
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

He changed and i can not trust him . But he was a great coder and help but now only does this stuff. I lost my $2000 computer because i trusted him that the game would be safe were talking in 2000.

Well i dont need to know what is what do i you seem to and are defending the points. I would not be proud of knowing what type of virus is what type of kind.

Any thing that gives you some thing usefull and hits you in return in my eyes is a trojan like the real trojan horse of Troy
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Ian Micheal wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:

yet he's your friend?
but he told you about it... so you had to be friends while he and his h4x buddies were discussing their plot for taking over the internet with viruses :wink:
Giving H-E-A-D head
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah ive known him since the c64 days were he was the main part of TRAID and FARLIGHT. does not mean i agree with it does it.

The groups do this and not to every one but the payloads are there. I was told never to tell the public . Guess there to stuiped any way.

Isos come with a thing called inject its a exe that can be the infector. It is a reall program but can easly hide, CIH in it a lot of isos come with unpackers and strange programs you think are helping you. I really think it is strange you think warez is free there is a cost to every thing.

OH next time you install a nice warez Fairlight game with music intro Good luck . Fairlight have now closed as well. Just because it has not happen to you does not mean it does not. If you have been,doing it so long, waugh and know the scene of warez you should know there are idiots that repack games and include trojans in the installers CIH is one they often include for a risk of a free game you can lose your computer.

You may find a group that has a few nice people, the games that get passed around in time become the candy some idiot Says repacked fixed Yes sure it is. It is fixed right up.

Im Giving a public warning nothing more, you have the right to listen or do what you do download illegal warez
Dreamcast forever!!!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Random_Troll wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:MP3s also can be packed with a viruse im suprised you people are so behind. THe main players start the chain and let the sheep do the rest.

People have now got into that ad do it because they get songs to there not doing it for nothing.

BLINK_182.MP3.pif when you download it it shows as a mp3 click it and it does not open winamp you get a virus
well wtf do you expect? kazaa isn't real warez! omfg kiddies. Kazaa isn't hardcore warez nor are pubs or crappy irc or newsgroups... what you find on there is not the original final product most of the time.
Yeah i know that but were do you think these people are geting there games hey! we all cant be like you and have pubs loaded with fresh warez.
Dreamcast forever!!!
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Not all games have a trojan that will be of any harm to you . But all of them include one.
:lol:
This is true.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

That's because that is not an MP3, it's a PIF file. Anyone who actually downloads that and thinks that they are getting music is asking to have their computer trashed.
And that will not show as an MP3, it will show as a PIF. Unless you have the whole "Don't show known extensions" turned on. Then you should be suspicious when you do see that it does end in MP3, since MP3 should be a known extension if you have Winamp.
Send me an actual MP3 packed with a virus and I will believe you. Until then, no.
No signature.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Reaper, you sir, are a fool.

BTW Next week's lottery numbers are 12, 19, 25, 47, 48, 49.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
oakfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oakfan »

There are rules and gide lines to releasing warez. if groups had viruses packed into their releases all of them would be nuked and the group would be banned from trading said releases. No warez bragging. Please research a little bit before sounding like a complete idiot Ian Micheal. I'm not trying to brag or anything I'm just saying Reaper is full of BullSh*t.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

oakfan wrote:There are rules and gide lines to releasing warez. if groups had viruses packed into their releases all of them would be nuked and the group would be banned from trading said releases. No warez bragging. Please research a little bit before sounding like a complete idiot Ian Micheal. I'm not trying to brag or anything I'm just saying Reaper is full of BullSh*t.

all of them would be nuked and the group would be banned from trading said releases
So if they insert a viruse what are the goody goodie groups going to do to the bad ones there going to turn to hacking, You just proved my point did you not.
Dreamcast forever!!!
oakfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oakfan »

If a release is Nuked = you don't download it

Reaper your an idiot