GOOD QuakeDC mods?

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Slamoid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GOOD QuakeDC mods?

Post by Slamoid »

Anyone know any good DC-Compatible MODs out there? I've tried raptors, died 5 times on the 3rd level, put it up for a while. :roll: I have Hack-and-Slash 2k, that's pretty fun (Still haven't gotten past the 1st level. :lol:) I was going to try the Simpsons, but looks dumb. :P

Anyone know of any others?
If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port, than the packet pocket socket has an error to report.
Swiss_Cheeseman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Swiss_Cheeseman »

Well, although it isnt a gameplay changing mod (well, it is to an extent) Joymenu adds some much needed features. Botmatch is lotsa fun!
Sifn't compact sigs
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Personally I got a lot of fun from the ReaperbotDC mod back in the days before I had a keyboard...

TOPIC MOVED to join the Quakers
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

Frik's frikbot for DC is a much improved replacement for reaper4dc. Reaper is a cheating bastartd... Frikbot cant do anything a human cant. (with practice)

btw... hack and slash wasnt made for QuakeDC. It just happens to work (well) on it :)
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
SlimDady
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SlimDady »

The new joymenue adds bot support using frikbot.

Simpsons quake, raptors are both mods made for dreamcast that work fine.

A few other mods work but not perfect
ajay()
Raptors Creator
Raptors Creator

Post by ajay() »

I've tried raptors, died 5 times on the 3rd level, put it up for a while.
It's easy ;)
Walk through the trees, then turn left and up the path, follow it round and down the steps
to the small settlement. A raptor may be prowling around the first buildings so look out.
At the bottom of the steps to the right you'll see some rocks, jump up them, then turn to face the
building on the left, jump from the rocks, over the wall. Here you'll find the bazooka/rocket launcher.
Right jump onto the bins, and back over the wall, again watching out for the prowling raptor.
Go round past the rocks and turn left, up the street in-between the buildings. Search each in turn
killing the raptor inside and collecting any ammo, again the raptors can't escape the buildings
so shoot them safely from outside.
Go round the very back of the buildings to find more ammo/rockets.
What you could do once you've collected all the rockets, is jump back onto the wall from
the rocks, then rocket jump from the wall onto the roofs of the buildings, you could then
kill the remaining raptors safely from above.
Alternatively, and in less of a wuss-like-fashion, you could face them, bazooka in hand, from the
ground.
With the rest dead, you can make your exit through the tunnel in the corner, at the end of the road.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

try some others on ajay's site. I find Minion quite interesting. Its described as "battle chess" but it plays nothing like chess. More like an RPG battle system.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Hey Ajay, I finished it easily... I just created an alias to toggle all cheats and bound it to a key in default.cfg...

But that hole on the level 3 could be planned better... because there's no way to get out of it when you falls in. You could have added some spikes to kill the player in it, so we could restart the level...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube