Simon the Sorcerer 1 DOS Talkie and Demo

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Smiles
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Simon the Sorcerer 1 DOS Talkie and Demo

Post by Smiles »

I've tried the USA DOS Talkie version that was published by Infocom and the DC version of ScummVM doesn't even recognize it, when I put the Simon CD in the DC it doesn't find anything. If I put all the required files in a folder called "simon1talkie" of a ScummVM selfboot CD I get the same results...no Simon detected. I also tried the freely available Simon the Sorcerer demo. ScummVM does detect that but crashed immediately when loading.

Has anybody gotten the DOS talkie version of Simon the Sorcerer to work with ScummVM-DC or the DOS demo to work. All this testing has been done with the latest 0.7.0 release.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

hmm, i haven't tried the game yet, maybe i will have to try it.
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

I couldn't get the latest release of ScummVM to detect any of my games at all so it might be something else not related to Simon the SOrceror specifically.
Smiles
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Smiles »

Everything else in the 0.7.0 release seems to be detected and works as well if not better than it did in the 0.6.1 release for me. Unfortunately "Flight of the Amazon Queen" still crashes when leaving the hotel. I know it was fixed in one of the "daily builds" but there is yet to be an official release that solves this problem.

The 0.7.0 relase will detect the DOS floppy version of Simon 1 and the demo for Simon 1, but it will crash if you try to load them. Unfortunately I cannot get the program to recognize the DOS talkie version.