Shiavo dead

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AgentGreen »

pavelbure wrote:
|darc| wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
|darc| wrote:
pavelbure wrote:anyways, i have yet to hear why she should have died. because some doctors said she was a veg. even though others said she wasnt.
Because I don't want to pay to keep her organs pumping when she's already dead.
i dont want to pay for gays and queers spreading diseases like aids, but we still do.
How so?
health costs rise due to people coming down with diseases a lot. doesent aids weaken your immune system ?
So does not having enough vitamin C. And where are morons like you hearing that only gay people receive and spread AIDS?
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

SychoGoldfish wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
|darc| wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
|darc| wrote:
pavelbure wrote:anyways, i have yet to hear why she should have died. because some doctors said she was a veg. even though others said she wasnt.
i dont want to pay for gays and queers spreading diseases like aids, but we still do.
How so?
health costs rise due to people coming down with diseases a lot. doesent aids weaken your immune system ?
So does not having enough vitamin C. And where are morons like you hearing that only gay people receive and spread AIDS?
did i say only gay people ? can some of you people not read ?
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

pavelbure wrote:you also mentioned she was already dead, am i correct in assuming according to you that this was a peacefull death or was it a cruel way to die ? by this i mean pulling the feeding tube.
By "already dead," I meant that her brain was completely destroyed but her organs were still going (I'm speaking in the perspective before she starved).

The general belief is that she could not feel her starvation, and it therefore wasn't a cruel way to die. I don't know, personally. I'd much prefer a method that kills her instantly, but of course this wasn't legally possible.

It seems to me the case is just between two groups.

The first group wants her to live because (1) They believe in life over death, even in situations like these, (2) The husband's record seems fishy and therefore there is a suspected ulterior motive behind his pushing for her death, (3) they believe that she has a chance of returning from her vegetative state, (4) they believe that she may not be in a vegetative state at all and she is still capable of communication and stability.

The other group wants her to die because (1) They believe it is a disgrace to her honor for her to be living in such a state, (2) they believe she would not have wanted to live in such a way, (3) they believe she was already dead anyway, just with organs still pumping, (4) they do not believe the government should be paying to hold on to this hopeless case.

Both sides have made interesting points, but we probably won't know the truth until the autopsy results come in, because of the husband's refusal to allow for a deeper analysis when she was alive.

Some people think the husband is fishy, but I don't know about the parents either. I think it was a damn horrible thing to sell the personal information of their supporters.

Personally I wish the parents would've been allowed to fund Shiavo's life support themselves and she would've been able to be kept alive.
It's thinking...
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

|darc| wrote:
Personally I wish the parents would've been allowed to fund Shiavo's life support themselves and she would've been able to be kept alive.
:o i thought you didnt want her to live. we are thinking on the same wavelength. scary. haha
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
Liberals click here !!!!
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

pavelbure wrote:
|darc| wrote:
:o i thought you didnt want her to live. we are thinking on the same wavelength. scary. haha
If she is able to be funded by her parents, I don't see any valid reason why she shouldn't be allowed to live.

Even under the government's funding I'd have liked to see her live, but the fact that her life support is coming out of our pockets makes it a complicated subject and therefore makes the situation sketchy for my judgement, and its not up to any one individual but instead the entire nation.

If she wasn't able to be kept alive under her parents' monetary support, the best direction in my opinion would have probably been to peacefully kill her (not starve, regardless of whether or not she felt it).

Unfortunately a peaceful killing would have been illegal because it would have been forced instead of natural.

I don't understand why the parents couldn't fund her life themselves; I'm sure they could get more than enough support from donations seeing how there were so many Shiavo supporters. Considering there were many people backing her in the government, I'm sure they could have also gotten the legal right to keep her alive with their own donated money, if they didn't already have it. Maybe I'm missing something?
It's thinking...
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

pavelbure wrote:
SychoGoldfish wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
|darc| wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
|darc| wrote:
How so?
By saying "I don't want to pay for gays and queers spreading diseases like AIDS", you were basically implying that gay people were the sole population spreading AIDS. And also, not only is your use of the word "queer" offensive, it's also redundant.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

By saying "I don't want to pay for gays and queers spreading diseases like AIDS", you were basically implying that gay people were the sole population spreading AIDS. And also, not only is your use of the word "queer" offensive, it's also redundant.
And by using the word "gay", which before meant happy, something good, to describe a group of evil people, you are downlplaing the english language.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

all i know is this..if it takes a person 13/14 DAYS TO DIE.it is to long.and is nothing but torture and not "relief".you all speak with this scientific garbage that supposes she could feel no hunger,etc..HOW..exactly HOW can you know that for sure?

you cant.

you nor the scientists who claim that possible fallacy are not capable of knowing this.

and how in the world did this of all topics stray into the realm of the gay debate?are we going to see every debate regardless of subject matter go off into the gay deabte? if so then i dont have the palette for it.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

NightStalker wrote:HOW..exactly HOW can you know that for sure?
When the part of the brain that handles that pain doesn't exist anymore.
It's thinking...
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

well there is debate about whether or not this lady had actually had some if not much of those nerve systems atleast partially restored.(the most basic that is.)
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

NightStalker wrote:well there is debate about whether or not this lady had actually had some if not much of those nerve systems atleast partially restored.(the most basic that is.)
Goven that her brain was essentially a mass of scar tissue and spinal fluid, I don't see what debate there could be.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

no but real doctors...not like the ones you all play here have.and some say there is the possibility that this lady could have regrown some of those basic functions after her original brain damage occured.the governor of florida and some wanted to have her formally re examined..but as always some liberal,nut job judge squashed that humane effort.

edit:well in case anyone dont know where the hell this post is coming from it was in reply to a post that was formerly posted and edited by roofus asking me

"what are you a doctor know...etc.."

so i replied in kind.and dont feel like editing it any further other than to explain it.
Last edited by NightStalker on Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

NightStalker wrote:no but real doctors...not like the ones you all play here have.and some say there is the possibility that this lady could have regrown some of those basic functions after her original brain damage occured.the governor of florida and some wanted to have her formally re examined..but as always some liberal,nut job judge squashed that humane effort.
lol you replied before I could edit my post. :P

Anyway, She's been examined continuously over the past 15 years. What did you think would happen? She'd jump up and ask for a sandwich?
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

hehehehhe :mrgreen:
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

maybe a diet coke? she had to be very thirsty after 14 days..
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

pavelbure wrote: i dont want to pay for gays and queers spreading diseases like aids, but we still do.
I don't want to pay for straight people to spread the SAME diseases like AIDs and even worse having kids when they are teens because they are too dumb to use a condom.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

SychoGoldfish wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
SychoGoldfish wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
|darc| wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
|darc| wrote:
How so?
sounds like you are implying that. maybe your way of thinking is messed up, i dont know. if queer is offensive to you, so what. many things are offensive to me. join the club.
Liberals click here !!!!
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

pavelbure wrote:
SychoGoldfish wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
SychoGoldfish wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
|darc| wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
|darc| wrote:
How so?
sounds like you are implying that. maybe your way of thinking is messed up, i dont know. if queer is offensive to you, so what. many things are offensive to me. join the club.
If you are not implying it about gays, than why did you use the word gay? Why not drop the word and say I don't want to pay for people to spread disease.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

some doctors said she was a veg. even though others said she wasnt
You say "some doctors said she wasn't", but how many of those are actually qualified to say that she wasn't? I know of exactly two doctors who both had access to her (and her medical records) and said that she wasn't PVS. Both were hand-picked by the Schindlers for a court case; one of them falsely claims to be a Nobel Prize nominee (he was nominated by his Congressman, who was apparently not qualified by Nobel rules to make a nomination for the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, and the letter actually "nominates" him for the "Nobel Peace Prize in Medicine", a prize which does not exist) and runs a surprisingly unprofessional, super-self-promoting "institute" (among other things, claims that dyslexia, Tourette's Syndrome, and ADHD can be treated with blood pressure drugs, and says that its treatment is "patented and copyrighted") and the other was not a neurologist.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

pavelbure, you're an idiot.

It's clear what your statement meant -- either correct it outright, or accept it and move on.

No one, save yourself, is buying the BS you're trying to feed us to backtrack with.

Rand.