GTA = PS2 exclusive

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Ebichu
The Filth
The Filth
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GTA = PS2 exclusive

Post by Ebichu »

Hello ladies...

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/360/360274p1.html

Rockstar to Xbox: "No GTA for You!"

May 21, 2002 - Grand Theft Auto 3 and all future titles in the GTA franchise will be exclusive to PlayStation 2 until October 2004, SCEA announced today at its E3 press conference. The hugely popular "thug simulator," developed by DMA Design for Rockstar Games, was the best-selling game title across all platforms last year, and earned IGN's PS2 Game of the Year award amid dozens of other accolades. This announcement means it's curtains for the planned Xbox version of GTA3, which was to be released later this year.

"Given the worldwide acceptance of PlayStation 2, it's natural for Take-Two to partner with Sony Computer Entertainment America and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe in its respective markets," said Kelly Sumner, CEO of Take-Two Interactive (Rockstar's parent company). "We want our best-selling franchise to reach the greatest number of consumers. The penetration of PlayStation 2 globally, combined with the pervasive nature and power of the PlayStation brand, will help us achieve this objective. The fact that the PlayStation 2 will be the only home entertainment system on which one can enjoy Grand Theft Auto titles is a great statement for the platform overall."
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

No :cry:
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I dont care about GTA. They have never offered me anything more than 1 week of novelty.
007Cheater
Founder and Ex-Admin
Founder and Ex-Admin

Post by 007Cheater »

Ok, who cares, I just got it for PC :)
I am happy, but its HARD!!!
I keep getting caught by cops. *sigh*
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

GTA is kind of a love hate relationship. Either you love it for it's complexity and open endedness and are totally intrigued, or you hate it for the same reason. a lot of people, when given the opportunity to choose what you do, instead of being told to follow a certain path, can't decide, and quickly become frustrated and bored, as if there is no purpose. On the other hand, I could play for days as a police officer and chase criminals all over the city (funner than APB), then I could become a taxi driver (way funner than Crazy Taxi), then I could put out a few fires and rescue people in the ambulance just for fun. But wait, you mean there's more? Oh yes. How about trying to find all the hidden packages, or getting all the correct cars to the import/export garage. Then there's the unique jumps, learning to fly the plane, and most fun, GETTING SIX STARS AND RUNNING FROM THE POPO. Oh ya, then if you get bored doing all that EXTRA stuff (none of the stuff I just mentioned is required to "beat" the game) you can do the missions which makes the game a whole new game. Oh ya, then there's rampages, mini missions. Stealing the tanks, finding the invincible cars, flying over the stadium so you can see what's imprinted on the stands. I could just get in a car and listen to the radio stations for hours and laugh my a$$ off. There's just so much crap that if you ever get bored with GTA3 you really never appreciated it or you have A.D.D. (Attention Deficit Disorder) (SP?)

HAVE A GREAT DAY! :P
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
Ebichu
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Ebichu »

007Cheater wrote:Ok, who cares, I just got it for PC :)
Yeah but the next GTA might not come out on the PC.
007Cheater wrote:I am happy, but its HARD!!!
Kill the pigs! :twisted:
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I don't care much for gta3 like 007 said its too damn hard. I like the overhead view when driveing and being able to wreck into cars and just keep driveing. I like see the cops before they can see me also. This 3d enviroment its harder to evade cops and harder to drive. Can't always see the cars coming around the corner. And since its more lifelike seems like every time I crash I die. I miss going 100 mph then hitting somebody and just backing up and going on.

I got a ps2, but I won't own this game unless either

1. I steal it (which Im not a theif) or

2. ITs marked down to 20 bucks or

3. Somebody gives it to me
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Wagh (Original)
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wagh (Original) »

thats pretty weird. I read an interview with the Rockstar CEO saying that it was going to be cool to develop GTA4 for xbox because of the perm broadband but eh thats life. only good gta imho was gta2.
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

007Cheater wrote:Ok, who cares, I just got it for PC :)
I am happy, but its HARD!!!
heh same here.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

Does anybody remember when Street Fighter 2 Turbo was a SNES exclusive, so Capcom just made Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition for the Genesis and it was the same thing but faster! Think Rockstar might pull one of these semantic games, or is Sony smarter than Nintendo was? Probably the former, but who knows.
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

yodanut wrote:Does anybody remember when Street Fighter 2 Turbo was a SNES exclusive, so Capcom just made Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition for the Genesis and it was the same thing but faster! Think Rockstar might pull one of these semantic games, or is Sony smarter than Nintendo was? Probably the former, but who knows.
If they do, then it would be after October 2004.
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
Ebichu
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Ebichu »

I got the game last year for the PS2 & I still love it, I would have liked to have seen it on the Xbox as well
Neon Kazaki
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Neon Kazaki »

That's strange... does the article only include consoles, or does it span to the computers?

I could have bet that I saw a PC version at EB...
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Neon Kazaki wrote:That's strange... does the article only include consoles, or does it span to the computers?

Dude did you even read the thread you posted in ? in this thread people have been talking about playing the PC version, it is exclusive to the PS2 as a console.
007Cheater wrote:Ok, who cares, I just got it for PC
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I have 128 RAM, 933 Mhz, A suckass 16 meg Intel gfx card, and WinXP... can anyone who's played the game tell me how it should run on my system ?
It's thinking...
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

i got this game on ps2 when it first came out, and i still cant stop playing it,
i think that its one of the best games ever. and Veggita2099, the is an overhead view in GTA3, if i remember right all you have to do is press select, and then it's just like playing GTA 2 only better looking. and|darc|
i'd say it would run fine on your computer, i don't have the game on pc myself, as i have the ps2 ver, but still i'd say it would run just nicely.
Neon Kazaki
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Neon Kazaki »

perry2175 wrote:
Neon Kazaki wrote:That's strange... does the article only include consoles, or does it span to the computers?

Dude did you even read the thread you posted in ? in this thread people have been talking about playing the PC version, it is exclusive to the PS2 as a console.
007Cheater wrote:Ok, who cares, I just got it for PC
O... ok. Sorry for making myself look stupid. :|
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Doesnt matter. I just bought a PS2 today :D
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

|darc| wrote:I have 128 RAM, 933 Mhz, A suckass 16 meg Intel gfx card, and WinXP... can anyone who's played the game tell me how it should run on my system ?
not good, that intel graphic card i bet is crap.

just buy a cheap geForce 2 and another 128 megs of ram. then it should play well.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

AmadeusZull wrote: just buy a cheap geForce 2 and another 128 megs of ram. then it should play well.

I dare someone to ask me why I dont play PC games.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe