NFL Playoffs

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NFL Playoffs

Post by MulletMan13 »

Yeah I'd really like to see a complete perfect season for some reason.

That and I don't really care about the Giants... I guess Eli would be getting his ring earlier than his big brother, but other than that I really don't care on which team makes it.

I kindof wished it was a rematch of Super Bowl XXXI, and this time I'd get to see the Packers get raped, but alas, the is not going to happen.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

MulletMan13 wrote:That and I don't really care about the Giants... I guess Eli would be getting his ring earlier than his big brother, but other than that I really don't care on which team makes it.
....were you asleep during last year's superbowl?

I guess you could be talking about his oldest brother, who doesn't even play pro ball...
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

AgentGreen wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:That and I don't really care about the Giants... I guess Eli would be getting his ring earlier than his big brother, but other than that I really don't care on which team makes it.
....were you asleep during last year's superbowl?

I guess you could be talking about his oldest brother, who doesn't even play pro ball...
I think he meant at a younger age.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Yeah sorry, I meant earlier in life.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Ahh, that makes more sense.

I can't be too pissed off whoever wins, Patriots are my favorite team and the Giants are one of my favorite NFC teams. I'll just be less happy if the Giants do it.
insanedan
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by insanedan »

but most people would enjoy a giants victory
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

insanedan wrote:but most people would enjoy a giants victory
Would they? It would be more interesting to witness a perfect season from my perspective, as a fan of neither team.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

ROFL PATS LOSE GIANTS WIN AHAHAHROFLFLORFL
It's thinking...
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

|darc| wrote:ROFL PATS LOSE GIANTS WIN AHAHAHROFLFLORFL
Hey that's just aces, champ.
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

Well normally I don't care about football at all, but I guess I'm a converted fan tonight. My dorm had a Super Bowl party thing, and had various prizes. I guessed the the total score to be 34 with the Giants winning, and I ended up with Husker football season tickets. I'll probably only go to a game or two, but I'll make a cool $200 plus selling the rest. I may have only watched the fourth quarter, but hey, it was a good night.
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That was glorious.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Covar wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That was glorious.
Agreed. Proving once again that cheaters never prosper. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Synlor wrote:Well normally I don't care about football at all, but I guess I'm a converted fan tonight. My dorm had a Super Bowl party thing, and had various prizes. I guessed the the total score to be 34 with the Giants winning, and I ended up with Husker football season tickets. I'll probably only go to a game or two, but I'll make a cool $200 plus selling the rest. I may have only watched the fourth quarter, but hey, it was a good night.
How large of a party was this that they are giving away prizes like that? I think you would be able to get more than $200 for the rest unless the seats are terrible.

Anways, I was surprised by this but then again I wasnt. There was weeks 17 when the Giants almost kept the Patriots from going a perfect 16-0, but the Giants ended up ruining their perfection anyways. Dont get me wrong I HATE the Giants (Cowboys fan), but I hate the Patriots much more than any other team (except maybe the Yankees, different sport though). To see the Patriots come within seconds of perfection only to have it blow up in their face made me so happy. And then to see the coach run and hide in the lockeroom, not being able to accept defeat like he had done to so many other teams, just made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

One more thing, what was up with Behlicheck (spelling?) going for it on 4th and 13 instead of the 49 yard field goal? Was he trying to run the score up on them like he did to so many others? Because those 3 points were the difference in the game.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

mrandyk wrote:One more thing, what was up with Behlicheck (spelling?) going for it on 4th and 13 instead of the 49 yard field goal? Was he trying to run the score up on them like he did to so many others? Because those 3 points were the difference in the game.
He might not have had faith in the kicker. either that or he wanted the bigger lead. its hard to tell with Belichick.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

http://www.amazon.com/19-0-Historic-Cha ... 717&sr=8-1

Better Together
Buy this book with New York Giants: 2008 Super Bowl Champions by Sports Publishing today!

I don't give a damn about the game but that is hilarious.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Covar wrote:
mrandyk wrote:One more thing, what was up with Behlicheck (spelling?) going for it on 4th and 13 instead of the 49 yard field goal? Was he trying to run the score up on them like he did to so many others? Because those 3 points were the difference in the game.
He might not have had faith in the kicker. either that or he wanted the bigger lead. its hard to tell with Belichick.
I dunno, it felt like to me that he was just in denial that his team wouldn't be able to execute.
EDIT: I'm rewatching the 3rd quarter right now, and a few minutes after that play a Fox guy came on and said they checked with the Pats bench and the kicker was fine physically, so it was probably just a case of overconfidence.

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episode ... f5e41b0003
It's thinking...
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

Oh, man, what a fucking glorious Sunday...

I thought Eli Manning was a pansy, but the guy's got balls of steel.

last Sunday Night, we were all Giants...

This one's for Kurt Warner, the 2001 Raiders, Coach Parcells, and Drew Bledsoe...

To add insult to injury, the Patriots were defeated by a wild-card team, one of the worst ever to reach the Super Bowl, at least, on paper. But paper doesn't take the field.

Hope you you add this game to your video collection, Bill... trust me, you can learn a lot form this one.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

It's thinking...
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

LMFAO!!!

ROFFLMFAO!!

Isn't it amazing that as the season wore on, and coaches had the chance to change their signals, and maybe even, their plays, the blowouts suddenly stopped? And how they had trouble with QBs like Peyton Manning, who are almost coaches on the field, and can change plays according to the situation? Yup, that's one skill Shady Brady will never have.

In all fairness, his ankle was bothering him. But it was up to the offensive line to make sure no one got to him. And they choked. Big time.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

From what I've read about the "taping" scandal.

Big deal.

Like you couldn't hire someone to transcribe those motions instead of video taping. Plus, most teams only play each other once. Sometimes twice depending if they are in the same division or two playoff bound teams meet in the regular season. Rarely three.

I honestly don't see the advantage of knowing those signals. Plus, it's not like the Patriots haven't caught people watching them, they just didn't find out who.
No signature.