Mobile phone thread

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mobile phone thread

Post by sixteen-bit »

JuddWack wrote:Just curious but does anyone here play mobile phone games? I really used to look down on them until I realized how difficult they are to develop. For those interested, I know there are a lot puzzle quest fans here and we put out a really kick ass version.
Puzzle Quest and Sola Rola are pretty much my favourite two mobile games. Most are shit though.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Mobile games on my phone are:

- Puzzle Quest
- Lumines
- Bejeweled
- Tetris
- Boom Blox
- Mr. Driller Deluxe
- Jewel Quest
- vBag (GBA Emulator)

Lots of puzzle games there. Mainly because I believe they are the best genre for a phone's buttons, and they just generally suit the times when I decide I want to play a game on my phone. vBag brings me Mario, Pokemon, Zelda and Final Fantasy 4-6 if I need it. That's about it.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

does anyone find the last.fm app to be a little slow over 3G?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

ace wrote:does anyone find the last.fm app to be a little slow over 3G?
Yesterday, Last.fm went down a bit, they deployed a new site design and such.

Even with only one or two bars I get good data speed over 3G, though calls will be sketchy if the signal gets that low.
It's thinking...
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

with the exception of last.fm, all my data transmissions have been blazing fast. I'm not sure why but it takes 30+ seconds to buffer a song on last.fm.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

ace wrote:with the exception of last.fm, all my data transmissions have been blazing fast. I'm not sure why but it takes 30+ seconds to buffer a song on last.fm.
I think they're still having server troubles. Earlier this week it only took 5-10 seconds max to buffer a song, now it's taking 30+ seconds for me as well.
It's thinking...
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Well at least I know it's not just me. It's incredibly fast over wifi.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

iPhone PwnageTool 2.0 was released last night.

A few notes for iPhone 3G users...

- Make sure the "~/Library/iTunes/Device Support” directory exists before you run anything, as it will error out on entering DFU mode, and nothing will be done to your iPhone; if it doesn't exist just make it
- You have to do expert mode if you don't want those stupid pineapple/russian steve jobs logos; make sure if you do expert mode you uncheck 'Activate iPhone' as this will skip the iTunes activation step and leave you without cell service and you'll have to restore back to the vanilla firmware; everything else you can leave default
- Installer.app is no longer installed, everything uses Cydia now. This is great because Cydia was much better than Installer on the 1.x series firmwares, but it never had the same application selection as Installer.app did. Now that Cydia is default and Installer.app isn't used anymore, Cydia will get the attention it deserves.
- Application selections right now really suck. There's hardly anything on Cydia because everything needs to be rewritten for the 2.0 firmware series (this has nothing to do with Installer vs. Cydia even though some idiots are trying to blame Cydia).
It's thinking...
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Fucking Cydia
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Anyone interested in the iPhone last.fm app - check the app store for a new update. They've fixed the 3G buffering issue. Prior to this update it would take about 30 seconds to buffer each song over 3G. Now they buffer within one or two seconds. Also, you can finally access your own library of songs. The interface seems speedier after the update too.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

It wasn't showing up under updates, even if I Force Quit/restarted AppStore and restarted the phone. I had to uninstall and reinstall Last.fm to get it...
It's thinking...
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Did anyone here preorder the G1? I did. I remember the first and last time I bought a cellphone quite a few of you tried to talk me out of it. I really wish I listened cause it ended up sucking, especially since the price wasn't subsidized. I didn't bother asking this time cause I kind of got a wiff of some anti-google people around :lol: Also the $200 isn't nearly as bad as the $400 I paid for my last piece of poo ericsson. Anyway, I can't frakin wait till October 22nd!
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Am I the only one who really doesn't want an iPhone? I don't like the lack of physical buttons at all, and it's too big. As neat as the interface is, from what I've seen of it it seems to take too long to do most things to me (then again, maybe I just didn't mess with it long enough).

I dunno, I just don't get it.

I also find the prices for its plans ludicrous, but that's another story. I have a friend who pays $30 for unlimited text/internet - which is crazy.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.