Post everytime that you buy a new game...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Matisfaction »

Wind Waker HD (Pre-Order) £35.99
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Well, I guess I technically didn't purchase this, but I did obtain it today while cleaning out my grandmother's house...

|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Picked up New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land for Wii U.
It's thinking...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Matisfaction wrote:Wind Waker HD (Pre-Order) £35.99
I've made this argument everywhere but I'm so enraged and attention starved that I'm making it here too.

That is a fucking ridiculous price for an HD remaster.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

It's not like it's some 16-bit game changed to render at a higher resolution. The game plays like it was made for the Wii U. It's breathtaking and I don't regret purchasing it at all.
It's thinking...
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Specially Cork wrote:
Matisfaction wrote:Wind Waker HD (Pre-Order) £35.99
I've made this argument everywhere but I'm so enraged and attention starved that I'm making it here too.

That is a fucking ridiculous price for an HD remaster.
The RRP is £44.99 and seen as I've never played the GC version, then i'm happy with £35.99

Also the GC version isn't exactly cheap these days..
|darc| wrote:It's not like it's some 16-bit game changed to render at a higher resolution. The game plays like it was made for the Wii U. It's breathtaking and I don't regret purchasing it at all.
Awesome, can't wait until Oct 4th..
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

[looks at Amazon and eBay] huh... well would you look at that. I think I paid around $10 for my copy, toward the end of the GameCube's life. I guess I'm still used to thinking of GC/PS2/Xbox games as the "recently outdated and therefore dirt-cheap" games, but I suppose that's really more the Wii/PS3/360/DS set now.

Perhaps it's time to stop by the store and pick up the rest of my "haven't gotten around to them" titles for this generation.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

DaMadFiddler wrote:I guess I'm still used to thinking of GC/PS2/Xbox games as the "recently outdated and therefore dirt-cheap" games, but I suppose that's really more the Wii/PS3/360/DS set now.
Not if you're planning on picking up Metroid Prime Trilogy, Pandora's Tower or Xenoblade.. I was looking at those recently, I had quite a shock :lol:
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Yeah, that happened to Metroid Prime Trilogy almost immediately. I don't think anyone expected it to be such a limited print run, and now it's nearly impossible to find. Certainly caught me off-guard, which is why I still have the GameCube versions.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Nearly impossible to find? There's a bunch of copies complete in box on eBay for less than $100. :lol:
It's thinking...
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Gamestop still have "used" copies on Xenoblade... :lol:
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Rayman Legends Wii U £20.99 @ Amazon UK
TheRedFox
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TheRedFox »

Just bought Gunbird 2 and Rayman 2 for Dreamcast off Amazon. neither has arrived, though GB2 has shipped

Why of all dreamcast shmups Gunbird 2? you ask? (Oh wait, you didn't? well, I'll tell you anyway) It's because I was looking for something relatively straightforward gameplaywise, and cheap to try to get into the genre a little more, as my only experience with shmups up till now has been Sturmwind (which I quite liked). Also I'm a sucker for pretty, detailed, hand-drawn 2D backgrounds, although i'm sure Gigawing is no slacker in that department, either and is also relatively cheap for a DC shmup.

Rayman 2 just because it's REALLY cheap, and apparently a really good game that I've never played before
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Rayman 2 was a great game, though it'll probably feel a bit clunky and dated by today's standards. (It was originally designed for the N64, after all.)

As far as space shooters, the Dreamcast has an absolute glut of good ones. By far the best is Ikaruga, but it's also one of the most difficult. Giga Wing, Bangai-O, Border Down, Radio Allergy, Under Defeat, and Armada are some other particularly good ones, each of which brings its own unique spin to the genre. There's also the (free) homebrew game noiz2sa. If you like things that hew close to the original formula and have traditional 2D sprite art, you may want to look into NG.DEV's various titles, though they tend to be a bit barebones in terms of length and features.

A few notable titles for other systems include Soldier Blade for TurboGrafx, Fantasy Zone and Space Harrier for Master System, Radiant Silvergun for Saturn, Raptor: Call of the Shadows for iPhone (it was originally a DOS game), Vertical Force for Virtual Boy, Einhander for PlayStation, Geometry Wars for 360 (and Wii and iPhone), and Super Stardust HD for PS3. I'm also a big fan of the original Asteroids arcade game; it's one of the few pre-NES games I still enjoy.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

The Legend of Zelda - 3DS Virtual Console (FREE)
TheRedFox
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TheRedFox »

@Fiddler: Thanks for the advice on DC Shooters. I'm sure I'll get others at some point in the future. Ikaruga especially looks cool, but the DC version is obviously really pricey. I know it's also been rereleased on one or two other platforms, but all I have is a Dreamcast, and a Sega Genesis that's missing important cables, so I can't really get that any time soon. Gigawing and GW2 are pretty cheap though.
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Yeah, a lot of the best Dreamcast shooters were what I call "post-mortem" releases--games that came out after the console was discontinued and considered "dead." Ikaruga was the highest-profile of these, in part because of the pedigree of its developer (Treasure, who also made Radiant Silvergun on Saturn and Gunstar Heroes on Genesis), and in part because it was the first "big" post-mortem Dreamcast release. There was even a Penny-Arcade about it.

Most of these games WERE officially published by Sega, but as such, they were very small-production releases and were only made for/sold in Japan. It wasn't until Sega shut down Dreamcast publishing completely around 2007 that you started seeing a lot of independently published titles. (Before that, the only independently published games were the ones put out by the Goat Store, most notably Feet of Fury.)

As a result, supplies are very limited for these officially published post-mortem games (e.g., Ikaruga, Border Down, Under Defeat, Radio Allergy, Castle Shikigami 2). The newer independent releases (such as DUX and Sturmwind) are very niche at this point, so the small supply is partially balanced by the similarly small demand... plus some of them (particularly NG.DEV games) tend to get a new print run now and then. They're still a bit pricey, but not as much as some of the more obscure Sega-published titles... which will never BE republished. For example, the only reason I have Under Defeat is because I preordered it (for around $50, I think) when it first came out; now, you're lucky to find it for less than twice that.

Still, Ikaruga came out while the Dreamcast's body was still warm, so to speak, so there's a fair amount of copies out there. If you're diligent, you can probably score a copy of Ikaruga on eBay for less than $60.

And while you're at it, get Rez.
TheRedFox
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TheRedFox »

Yeah, Rez. I've played that. definately gonna pick that up at some point when I've got more money. ikaruga, too, probably. I've seen them both for non-astronomical prices used on ebay (around $50 for Rez (J) and $60 or $70 for Ikaruga).
Either that, or I'll buy them on another platform at some point. I was thinking I might check on the prices of Xbox 360 or PS3 consoles, once the next (or more like current, I guess) generation is further underway. Main reason why I'd choose PS3 would be because of Valkyria Chronicle, which is by the same folks who did Skies of Arcadia and the Phantasy Star series, which are all excellent RPGs. If I remember, though, the PS3 has a pretty subpar shmup library, and no Ikaruga.
For now though, I've got Sturmwind and soon will have Gunbird 2. Also, I do have Armada somewhere. maybe I'll give that a shot (pun!) sometime. I think I remember doing that one multiplayer with my bro, a way long time ago.
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

10 hours into Wind Waker. It's gorgeous, the additions although small really make a difference, the smart sail and improved figurine challenge particularly.
It still feels really fresh, inclined to say it's the best post-SNES Zelda.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Limited Edition (PS3)

I need an amusing RPG to play. This should do. :mrgreen: