FINAL FANTASY XIV

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FINAL FANTASY XIV

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Now that my life is complete, I'm curious to ask if anyone else is up and running with this sexy beast? Hit me up.

Augustus Caesar
Server: Selbina
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Specially Cork

Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV

Post by Specially Cork »

Not until a review tells me all the horror stories I've heard from the betas aren't true. Even then, I still haven't heard about how it improves on the gameplay of FF11. Which it really needs to do because as much as I loved FF11...........there's WoW.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I played OB and, for one, the game runs 10 times better... even with all of my settings maxed out. Everything works perfectly... Also, shame on you for comparing FFXI to WoW.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:I played OB and, for one, the game runs 10 times better... even with all of my settings maxed out. Everything works perfectly... Also, shame on you for comparing FFXI to WoW.
I was thinking more about the fatigue system than anything else. There's also many complaints about very dull and repetitive art direction.

As for comparing it with WoW...I guess it's just down to a matter of taste. For me, almost everything that WoW does differently is a solution to a problem FF11 had.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

So in other words, while other MMO games are screwing me over by creating long levelling curves that I can never finish - SQEnix is being kinder to me by creating a shorter levelling curve that I can finish - but not by utilizing all 744 hours/month that I pay for. If I want to keep playing, I can stop levelling-up my character (that I might finish the much shorter levelling curve with) - and keep doing the same thing again and again and again levelling up different jobs.

This is going to solve the nonexistant problem of hardcore players levelling faster than casual players (because it really doesn't matter how many people are a higher level than you) - by creating a system where everyone is the exact same level, but all the hardcore players have considerably more useful skills - creating something even more imbalanced.

What a shit video.
What a shit system.

Pass.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I haven't had the chance to really experience the Fatigue system firsthand, but my biggest complaint is that there is no Auction House... Some rumor for it to appear sometime in the future, but basically if you need new armor... You have to make it yourself. While the crafting system is actually really good, and miles ahead of FFXI, I fucking hate crafting in MMOs. With a passion. I just want to grind, do fun quests, and buy my shit at the AH.

Some shit about "experimenting with a player-run economy" .... and "eliminating master crafters who can control the entire market for particular wares"... How the fuck is that not a 'player-run economy'?

Yet with all of these setbacks... I'll still be calling it home. I'll brave the waters simply because of how great FFXI was. It was my all time favorite MMORPG, and I've played a lot of them.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Yeah. I'm settled in really nice now. The quests are fun and unique. The cutscenes are gorgeous. The quest storylines are deep and dramatic, with lots of recurring characters and good dialogue.

I'm hooked.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'll probably end up getting it at some point, but it would have to be the PS3 release because I have no intention of upgrading my PC just for this (I'm not a PC gamer). ...But then I'd have to keep updating my PS3 and wave goodbye to jailbreak.

Plus I have severe mental issues with paying monthly subscriptions for games. If I start playing something else...I'm wasting money!

I'll stick to WoW on a private server with nice 10x rates for now.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Well Gamespot absolutely ass-fucked it with 4/10. I rarely go off their reviews - especially because they seem to like being deliberately controversial, but unless some 8s and 9s start trickling through now you can consider me 100% disinterested. :(
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Square is completely backwards nowadays. It's new IP's and handheld games are mostly impressive and awesome. But then they turn around and completely destroy their main franchises. I don't understand it.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

It's interesting you say that because...
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

BoneyCork wrote:Well Gamespot absolutely ass-fucked it with 4/10. I rarely go off their reviews - especially because they seem to like being deliberately controversial, but unless some 8s and 9s start trickling through now you can consider me 100% disinterested. :(
Everything said in that review has been a issue since I was testing alpha. They have made a little improvement since then, but it still needs a lot more. I honestly feel like I'm playing the same alpha game as I was back in April.

I always use this analogy to describe 14 and bazaars,

Imagine you go to a wal mart and you need a gallon of milk, that's all. Now normally you would just walk into the store, (which is the equivalent of a auction house) go to the milk aisle and get your milk.
Now with FF14 you drive to the store, now instead of walking in and getting milk, you have to go through each of the 200 cars out in the parking lot and find one of the three cars that has milk and hope you are getting a fair price for that milk.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

melancholy wrote:Square is completely backwards nowadays. It's new IP's and handheld games are mostly impressive and awesome. But then they turn around and completely destroy their main franchises. I don't understand it.

So, you've played FF14?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
melancholy wrote:Square is completely backwards nowadays. It's new IP's and handheld games are mostly impressive and awesome. But then they turn around and completely destroy their main franchises. I don't understand it.

So, you've played FF14?
Where's the demo version?
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

BoneyCork wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:

So, you've played FF14?

There is none... There was an Open Beta, though.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:

So, you've played FF14?

So it's understandable for people to base their opinions on reviews and thoughts rather than actually play the game. Regardless, his point is there have been two numbered FF games this year and neither has pleased the critics - which is unusual for a franchise that usually attracts huge amounts of praise and hype.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

BoneyCork wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:

So, you've played FF14?

So it's understandable for people to base their opinions on reviews and thoughts rather than actually play the game. Regardless, his point is there have been two numbered FF games this year and neither has pleased the critics - which is unusual for a franchise that usually attracts huge amounts of praise and hype.

So it's okay to review a game based on another review? Who makes the first review? EGM? And then they send it to everyone else to be replicated?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

fart
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:
So, you've played FF14?
So it's okay to review a game based on another review? Who makes the first review? EGM? And then they send it to everyone else to be replicated?
Square has already burned me with Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Quest IX this year. If their first big title this year sucked, their second big title of this year sucked, and their third big title is getting shitty reviews, why would I even consider giving Square $50 plus a subscription fee and chance this game sucking too?