Hunt for crap in Sonic Adventure 2....

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.

who actually liked the hunt for the crap parts in sonic adventure 2?

Total votes: 0
yoshi65001
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hunt for crap in Sonic Adventure 2....

Post by yoshi65001 »

who actually liked the hunt for the crap parts in sonic adventure 2 ?

(keys, crystals, etc...)
There is one main Enemy: Xbox!Microsoft must be destroyed!!!we must bring down this blasphemy!!!
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

i didn't really hate hunting for stuff, but i thot the game would have been better without all that (also i ddidn't like robotnick and tails sages [why wouldnt sega just make all the charcaters have action stages like sonic eh?])

-dreamer
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Theres a bit of a fad among developers for increasing the length of the game by adding tons of pointless crap you have to collect - Jet Force Gemini on N64 was probably the nadir of this trend...
Nyar playing it wrote: ok, im at the end of the game, that wasnt as tough as Id heard... what? I have to go through the entire game again with every character picking up teddy bears before I can fight the end boss? WHAT THE FREAKING HELL??????????????????????
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Nyarlathotep wrote:Theres a bit of a fad among developers for increasing the length of the game by adding tons of pointless crap you have to collect - Jet Force Gemini on N64 was probably the nadir of this trend...
Nyar playing it wrote: ok, im at the end of the game, that wasnt as tough as Id heard... what? I have to go through the entire game again with every character picking up teddy bears before I can fight the end boss? WHAT THE FREAKING HELL??????????????????????
What? so i didn't fight the end boss? i never did any of that yet i still fought the end boss i think...
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Yeah, that was the worst part of an otherwise brilliant game (Sonic Adventure 2). The fact that this waste of time made up a full THIRD of the game makes it even worse! It was about a fifth of Sonic Adventure 1. Then again, I hated the fishing parts of SA1 even more. A lot of new games make up for the fact that they are too short/too easy by making you search for small items cleverly hidden in walls with no clue as to where to find the things!

Again in SA2, the Tails/Robotnik levels were OK, but the Sonic/Shadow levels were the best in the game. I think this would have been better:

Sonic/Shadow: As in SA2
Tails: More like Sonic/Shadow, maybe a bit slower
Knuckles: As above
Robotnic: As in SA2
Rouge: Get rid of this evil character.
yoshi65001
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by yoshi65001 »

404NotFound wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Theres a bit of a fad among developers for increasing the length of the game by adding tons of pointless crap you have to collect - Jet Force Gemini on N64 was probably the nadir of this trend...
What? so i didn't fight the end boss? i never did any of that yet i still fought the end boss i think...

No that was not the end boss, it was the mid-point boss.... thats why he was so easy....
There is one main Enemy: Xbox!Microsoft must be destroyed!!!we must bring down this blasphemy!!!
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

oh THOSE hunts for parts... with knuckles...

yeah the end boss i fought was easy as hell... it's dr robotnik, right? he's like a few stages after that one with all the grind rails?
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

I didn't like the hunting parts with Knuckles. In fact, my last save point was at one of those stages and I got so bored with it I couldn't be arsed playing the game again. I might just give it a go tomorrow though...... Im feeling masochistic :twisted:
yoshi65001
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by yoshi65001 »

If they ever make another Sonic game maybe it should be at least 75% sonic.... or shadow...
.:iceman:.
DC Emu Spammer
DC Emu Spammer

Post by .:iceman:. »

first shadow is the coolest 2nd the hunting levels r 2 hard 3rd wtf is wrong with the ppl who designed the robot levels
yoshi65001
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by yoshi65001 »

so true.....