Bleem Estate Sale!!!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
oakfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bleem Estate Sale!!!

Post by oakfan »

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... =3&rows=25

ABOUT THIS SALE:
In the course of testing bleem!, we purchased a couple of THOUSAND games from every region, plus hundreds of assorted controllers, adapters, consoles, and the like, in order to test compatibility. When bleem! died, I ended up with all this stuff becuase: (a) most of it was in my garage anyway; and (b) I didn't take a paycheck for two years, and this was all bleem! had to give me.

I've been looking at it all for many months now, and since there's no WAY I can possibly play with all this stuff, I'm hoping to clear it all out and if I'm lucky, maybe I can make the mortgage this month.

As I dig through all the boxes, there'll be some really really cool items coming up for sale, including some special-edition Dreamcasts, lots of import titles (many special edition packages), piles of controllers of every possible type, and a few of the prototype bleempods and bleempads - I'm pretty sure they're still the ONLY controllers for DC that support true DUAL ANALOG gameplay. I'm still looking, but I *think* I may even have a prototype bleempod that reads and writes from your DC to PSX memcards!

So keep an eye out for my sales, and if you're a dealer interested in a bulk-buy, please email me at david@bleem.com. I'd love to sell it all as a big-ass lot - it takes a while to do all these friggin' auctions!

------------

Oh ,and before you ask - yeah, bleem! is dead. Really, truly dead. The legal bills were too much to handle and Rand and I were on the verge of losing our homes (over a year later, we still are, but are trying to dig out).

And also, since I'm sure some people are wondering -- I don't know what-all Rand is doing nowadays, but I'm sure he has something cooking. He was doing well last time I saw him, about a month ago (unbelievably, we were still dealing with the legal aftermath of bleem!) I'm trying my hand at a few things, none of them gaming-related - I can't stand to work in the software industry anymore, after all the legal crap that went down with bleem!.

I'm just trying to move on, so please do me a favor - don't bury me in emails about bleem!, if you can possibly help it. I'm still a little pissed about the whole thing, and don't feel much like dredging it all up. Thanks.
First to post this I guess, Enjoy bidding on these goodies
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

wow awesome, i must buy something
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

So whats that mean?
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

If there is any truth in this at all, Rand would know. Perhaps he can clarify if this is true or not.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

I'd like one of those psx 2 dc bleem pods with mem card support oO
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

Here's a note that's in every sale
ABOUT THIS SALE:
In the course of testing bleem!, we purchased a couple of THOUSAND games from every region, plus hundreds of assorted controllers, adapters, consoles, and the like, in order to test compatibility. When bleem! died, I ended up with all this stuff becuase: (a) most of it was in my garage anyway; and (b) I didn't take a paycheck for two years, and this was all bleem! had to give me.

I've been looking at it all for many months now, and since there's no WAY I can possibly play with all this stuff, I'm hoping to clear it all out and if I'm lucky, maybe I can make the mortgage this month.

As I dig through all the boxes, there'll be some really really cool items coming up for sale, including some special-edition Dreamcasts, lots of import titles (many special edition packages), piles of controllers of every possible type, and a few of the prototype bleempods and bleempads - I'm pretty sure they're still the ONLY controllers for DC that support true DUAL ANALOG gameplay. I'm still looking, but I *think* I may even have a prototype bleempod that reads and writes from your DC to PSX memcards!

So keep an eye out for my sales, and if you're a dealer interested in a bulk-buy, please email me at david@bleem.com. I'd love to sell it all as a big-ass lot - it takes a while to do all these friggin' auctions!

------------

Oh ,and before you ask - yeah, bleem! is dead. Really, truly dead. The legal bills were too much to handle and Rand and I were on the verge of losing our homes (over a year later, we still are, but are trying to dig out).

And also, since I'm sure some people are wondering -- I don't know what-all Rand is doing nowadays, but I'm sure he has something cooking. He was doing well last time I saw him, about a month ago (unbelievably, we were still dealing with the legal aftermath of bleem!) I'm trying my hand at a few things, none of them gaming-related - I can't stand to work in the software industry anymore, after all the legal crap that went down with bleem!.

I'm just trying to move on, so please do me a favor - don't bury me in emails about bleem!, if you can possibly help it. I'm still a little pissed about the whole thing, and don't feel much like dredging it all up. Thanks.
Just reading the gets me pissed off even more at those bastards at Sony! :evil: I know I'll be first in line to buy on of those prototype bleem pods and bleem pads though. :wink:
oakfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oakfan »

that quote was posted at the top ShadowofBob

maybe i shouldn't have said anything, cause i'll be bidding on those bleem pods as well :twisted:

it would be nice if Rand did post some feedback on this
Last edited by oakfan on Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

I really think he's smart enough to sell everything in one shot. Unfortunately for us. :?
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

what is he selling??
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

The text in his auction listing is beyond f'ed up. :cry:

I bought all of the Bleemcast discs. I never really played them; I just wanted to support those who supported us.

Very sad indeed.
oakfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oakfan »

Click the link Warmachine

It is sad but at least they're "sharing" these items with everyone and not collecting dust in someones Garage. mmmmmmmm.....a bleem T-shirt........ 8-)
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Does randy know about this stuff?? I wish I had money :(
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

I wish I had a credit card and that my parents were so controling over what I buy(applies more to video game related stuff). :(
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Damn, thats a lot of stuff, I think I may have to take 2 sittings to get through it all
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

all there is is games... whish they actually had those pods and more DC stuff
sig down :( gehy boomspeed... any1 wanna host it? where could i host it?
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

It's been a *LONG* time since I've seen, or done anything with, the bleemPods in question, but here's what I recall -- NONE of it is guaranteed to be accurate:

IIRC, there was one, and maybe two bleemPods that were close to final prototypes.

I *believe* that they could read/write PSX memory cards on the DC -- i.e. you insert the PSX card into the bleemPod, and it let you use the memcard as if it were a DC one.

If you only used it with DC software, you could format PSX cards and use them as DC ones.

If you used it with bleem!Cast, it recognized bleemPods and let you use PSX cards in PSX format -- i.e. you could pull the card out of the bleemPod, insert it into a PSX, and swap back without any issues.

The only problem I recall was that some memorycards were using really cheap memory, and were slower access than the DC required -- i.e. read/write problems. Using a different card solved the issue, but exactly what defined which ones were "good" and "bad", I don't recall.

OTOH, it also had a port for the DC memcard, and I believe that worked just peachy.

The original spec was to have the PSX memorycard translated on-the-fly by the hardware so you could use it in a PSX or a DC without any issues -- but that wasn't accomplished in time, and so it became mostly a "let you use PSX memcards on the DC" treating the PSX card as a simple memory device. Only b!DC knew the difference. Whether or not that code was left in the final builds that were produced, I don't remember. I am pretty sure, though, that the rest of the analog support is all present.

Most of you, however, are more interested in the fact that it's the only true Dual Analog PSX -> DC converter. Only bleemPods supported all the buttons on the PSX DualShock, and infact report to the DC when you switch between analog and digital mode.

By "all the buttons", I'm including SELECT, both analog sticks, L1,R1,L2,R2. I believe, but I'm not positive, that L3/R3 were also present and reported.

Basically, any software that actually checked "what buttons are present", and handles things appropriately, will work happily.

I think the bleemPods also supported wheels and other non-standard controllers as well, but which ones exactly, I don't remember... I think perhaps the NegCon was one of them.

They were neat.

Which ones specifically are being offered, I'm not sure -- there were a bunch of older ones that supported the Analog stuff, but not the MemCards.

Either way, though, PLEASE don't take this reply as an open invitation to flood me with questions about the items, or the auction -- I have nothing to do with either.
oakfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oakfan »

Thanks a lot for that info Rand, now I'm for sure bidding on those Bleempods now. Hopefully they'll be put up on the auction in the next couple of days :D
Firthy2002
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Firthy2002 »

Damn, he's not shipping outside the US.
"The video game market is troubled..." - |darc|
---
My LiveJournal
---
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

I remember a few people mentioning that they wanted bleemPods, and noticed that David's offered a couple of them on eBay...

Only a handful (well, a small box-full) of these were built, and they were pretty much the standard controller converter used for everything from E3, to demos, to game testing.

IIRC, they support Analog axes, Select, L2, R2, etc. -- basically the button support was there, just not the PSX memcard stuff.

I'm not *positive*, but I think that Dreamcast Memory Cards work as well (you insert them in the side).

Rand.

nb: While I may be able to answer some questions about the units, I have nothing to do with the auction, etc. itself.
Kwik-E-Mart
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kwik-E-Mart »

:o BLEEMPOD PICS FRIOM THE AUCTION!!! :o