NEOCD/SDL DC V7

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Ian Micheal »

Thanks I can sit back and enjoy it now like every one else. Battles it out on league bowling! with my wife gabbi. It's fun now playing VS games with working 2 controlers.

Oh Really you can use Speuds VMU tool to dump your memory cards and we can put up a hight score lists and load these cards back and play vs's each other Just want to make it clearer. I want to try and beat some of U people at games hehe..
Dreamcast forever!!!
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Post by Christuserloeser »

Ian Micheal wrote:As it acts as a boot disk, and turns your dreamcast, into a neogeo cd machine. With improved load times anlog stick, and digital dpad.
:metalslug:
Last edited by Christuserloeser on Tue May 18, 2004 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Insane homebrew collector.
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
Has thanked: 0

Post by speud »

thanks for naming VMU Tool so many times in this release ;)
btw, if you want i could make an online ranking where people could upload their files so you can make some sort of contest.

oh and good job for this release, i almost forgot :)
cant test it for now though but ill do it as soon as possible.
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

That would be great im intrested in it. just need the public to be as well. Np Speud. It's a kinda of pesudo Online play feature and people could try to beat there best scores Makes it more fun come on people!.

i think Prolly a game's that Have CDDA audio are the best and most fun to play at this point.

I cant do this alone I need you people to dump your saves We have to write a tut on how Or Speud can show you His tools and website are very help for this sort of thing.

Looking forward to beating some of you.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Ian Micheal wrote: Allways Welcome quzar you know your self you were not on msn much and had exam's.
Yea, ill be on more starting today. Exams were fun as so was prom, only two more left and they arnt ones im worried about. Hopefully since now the thing to do is optimization i might be able to get some more stuff done :wink: . Anyways, ill be signed in on MSN pretty much from now on (excluding saturday when i will be at a LAN) so feel free to message me :D
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Great we can see what the sh4 chip really likes and re do some of the maths your strong point. I can try an addapt genesis plus sound code Kos part for this. Also have a api complaint Fm version of the gen's fm code Which we could try and get working. still need to do a lot of optimzing and finding out what the sh4 chip really likes.

Ill be on more as well Just relaxing and play it for once It's pretty good Hope you all get a kick out of it. Was reading gamespy forum and there talking about this emu. like it will never run metal slug And it will be slower then dreamsnes.. guess they have not tryed it.. Some people corrected them but it was funny to read them puting down the dreamcast saying there's no way it can run this it cant even runa snes.

Well here's looking at thme hey !. Public thank you to every member of the team good job to us all. :D

Puzzle bubble is 100% Aproxx speed now great game in 2 player Vs game And in this version You will notice how fast it really is.

There are other games running at Aproxx fullspeed I will let you guys find out i Know of a few more. I dont have that many games.

Metal slug 2 is much faster but the slow down is much more harsh. Still in bits it's starting to improve a lot. But this game is the slowest of the lot i have. now it runs well till it hits slowdown Then speeds right back up again.

Lots to play that never slow down or Not to that degree.

http://imrtechnology.sourceforge.net/ph ... 1b1818292f Development forum for all the team any time you want to contact me or work on some thing you can post on it . And every one can see what every one is working on it. Just post what you working on it so we dont double work on some thing.

Hope that helps All requests or people wanting to try help out apply there.
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Mon May 17, 2004 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamcast forever!!!
xenon
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by xenon »

Very good job!!!

I will report the re-test of all the games I tested before :wink:

Yours
Link
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Link »

Hi,

Have one more minor question. Does this emulator work if booted through Dream Inducer? Has anyone tried? Just wondering cause I would love to add this to my compilation disk. :) Thanks for all the hard work. and thanks for any info or help.
Your Brother in the DCEmu Scene,
Link

DI Boot tutorial in this thread http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10602
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Would but defeats how easy it would be to use it acts as boot disk. Loading it throu dream inducer would add to it load it up then booting a game..

Im off to bed now Any thing else prolly anwser them in 8 to 10 hours.

Still It's better used like i said makes it 100% better to be a simple boot disk emulator not load throu a menu.

Good luck
Dreamcast forever!!!
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

works just fine through dreaminducer, FYI.

also, i just looked at the neoCD bios for the first time; it's pretty, reminds me of sega CD.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

HEHEHE! New release! Thanks everyone! Now, I'm going to ask something that many people will flamce me for. I'm sorry, but when are you guys thinking of implementing sound? If you gave us the option to turn it on/off then we could still have a great speed! I love this project, but I just wanted to know if anyone was even contemplating sound. BTW, this has came so far! I really appreciate everything that you all have done. Thanks again.

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

afaik, sound is actually broken now, that is why ian hasnt been including it. all it really gives is pings and pongs anyways.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
X525
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by X525 »

this thing is still movin in lightning speed.. keep it up..

thnkx for this :D
*darkzero*
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by *darkzero* »

X-C-L-N-T work, Ian, man, REALLY THANKS, i love NeoGeo and SNK games (specially windjammers), this emu is soo great thanks and keep going bro!!! :twisted:
!!!!Look I?m doing this!!!
http://www.galeriaartegma.com
mehunglo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by mehunglo »

WOW! version 7 works great. The cd exchange interface is perfect. Controls are also much better(2 players,yes), I can pull off special moves easier. I got cdda from Double Dragon, Aerofighters 2, Pulstar, Breakers. I noticed that on some of my cue sheets the pre-gap for track 2 was sometimes 2:00 or 3:00 , I don't know if this would make any difference as to why some peoples games w/ cdda wouldn't work.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

shhh that is warez talk... none of that here :wink:
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

great news that is more cdda :o
Insane homebrew collector.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

V7 is really great!!! I played lots of games at great speed, Pulstar was actually fun now.It was slow before. I look forward to the SFX in V1.0 then I will be up all night and not sleep,LOL. Ian this is almost perfected, your almost there dude, we got faith in you.Keep up your fantastic work!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah Pulstar was a test game wanted to make sure it was just that touch faster. Yeah feels almost there. Day after im working on it again!..

Yeah When it does get to what i call perfect for this platform Target i will be as happy as the rest of you.
Dreamcast forever!!!
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Yeah, this thing blows my mind dude. I just got a few games off of my friend... FINALLY, and I must say, Metal Slug runs great. I compared 6.5 and 7, both running it, and 7 is definatly faster. Well done.
One thing to note, in Samurai Spirits 4, Rally Chase, and Savage Reign, at certain parts there are graphic errors. Samuri has them in the background, and the energy bars. Savage and Rally both have errors when you hit a certain area of the screen, it's a weird error, but the sprites vanish for a second and then reappear, unless you stay in the area, then your invisable, lol.

I'll test some more games. Oh yeah, Savage Reign has an option to put speed up to 120%... REALLY fast when you do that.