NEOCD/SDL DC V7

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Ian Micheal »

http://www.imrtechnology.ngemu.com/neocdlist.htm Check that before doing the same work over again link. Those were listed as not working.

But i do have a report of last blade working and CDDA as well. have to confirm but this was using the real cd.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Link
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Link »

Hi,

Lol, forgot about the list. Sorry. According to it none of the games I listed work anyway lol. Ah yes.....the benifits of reading the list. I don't know if it is the fact it's a rip or not though. I only say this because it does load on the PC version. (not flawlessly though. The menu is all weirded out.) I will have to find those games on Ebay or something and try and get them. (I am hooked on the first one now) Are there cases where the PC version loads things the DC one won't? If so, sorry again. (Thanks for replying.) Wish you luck on your projects. Just wanted to try and help. I will remember to check that list from now on though. I forgot it was even there. (yeah, enthusiasm got the best of me.)
Your Brother in the DCEmu Scene,
Link

DI Boot tutorial in this thread http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10602
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Thats fine link mate. Should be the same as the pc / dc version but as you know CDDA does not work on every game on the dc version but pretty much does on the pc version.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Link
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Link »

Hi again,

Once again........I am dense.......sorry. Thank you again for the info. I look forward to when all the games work :) Having a blast on the ones that do. Just went over to Ebay. Was gonna check on a system.......Ouch. The prices are insane lol. The games however look like it depends completely on which one. I think I will look into some of the online game shops also. (I am not really green to video games just Neo Geo...anything Neo Geo lol. I am actually a collector of Sega, Nintendo, Atari and many others. (I am only really resorting to rips at the moment because I am flat broke.) (O, how the mighty have fallen...) Anyway, thanks again for all the work man. I love the features in this. In fact I have Bleemtcast for GT2 and I like Neo CD's features better. (saves in no time and loads like lightning :) not to mention the CD loading time......makes some DC games look slow.)
Your Brother in the DCEmu Scene,
Link

DI Boot tutorial in this thread http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10602
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah I tryed to get every thing feeling nice. I know for me it gives a nice feeling to just see it boot them up and swap and play with out long menus and selecting this and that. Boot disk style is really best for CD system. Thanks again. For your support on the project. Enjoying it and using it is a good gift to me.

Just dont talk about ripps what you do in your own house no one's bidness lol

:kiss)
Dreamcast forever!!!
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

well, i think the BEST possible way would be to rip the neocd game and burn the emulator files onto it as a boot track, like that one guy did...

but as you said, that's nobody's business :D .

anyway, ian, sorry for asking yet again (you deserve more of a break than this post implies), but since this topic is seeing some action again... how is SFX coming??
Fosters
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Fosters »

Small code change for Ian:

gfx priority fix courtesy of lantus (xbox porter):

change line 233 of video.c (slightly after unlock surface in video_draw_screen1)

Code: Select all

if (((t1 & 0x40) == 0) && neogeo_prio_mode)
and add

extern int neogeo_prio_mode;
to neocd.h

Seems to sort out the strange priority in games ive got and reportedly solves problems in crossed swords 2, Viewpoint and Samurai Showdown acording to Lantus.
Hopefully this wont break anything else.

Fosters
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Hmm, if that doesn't break anything else, very cool.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

whoohoo, so that could fix the gun turret bug in metal slug.

and the speed is at a very nearly acceptable level (i can beat the game and enjoy it, which says a lot), so...sound!
Fosters
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Fosters »

no I dont know where the gun turret bug comes from, its not a problem in the PC version.

It mostly fixes things where the background appears over the rest of the sprites briefly in a few games.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Fosters wrote:Small code change for Ian:

gfx priority fix courtesy of lantus (xbox porter):

change line 233 of video.c (slightly after unlock surface in video_draw_screen1)

if (((t1 & 0x40) == 0) && neogeo_prio_mode)
and add

extern int neogeo_prio_mode;
to neocd.h

Seems to sort out the strange priority in games ive got and reportedly solves problems in crossed swords 2, Viewpoint and Samurai Showdown acording to Lantus.
Hopefully this wont break anything else.

Fosters
Thanks giving it a try.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah fixes all games with those problems including Blues journey and Magic lord.

And other's it seems to have a sligth impact on speed.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

As long as it doesn't break anything else, I think it is probably worth it.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

:?:

Anyhow, that's nice to hear: Magican Lord, Blues Journey, lil speed up to :o
Insane homebrew collector.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Speed went down with the fix slightly. i had to make it up with a compiler setting. Seems to be faster all round Very small speed up. 1 to 4 fps .
Dreamcast forever!!!
Hiei-
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Hiei- »

Hi.

I wonder to know if the people who tested "League Bownling" played with a backup or the real game ?

Cuz i tried two backup with the emu and they work well.
But i try the two original games i have and both dun work :( (Samurai Shodown 4 & King of Fighters '96) both on the playable list so i just wonder if the problem come from me or i dun know (to not buy others games if original dun work on my version :o)

Thx a lot.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Try version 9test2. it is newer.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Hiei- wrote:Hi.

I wonder to know if the people who tested "League Bownling" played with a backup or the real game ?

Cuz i tried two backup with the emu and they work well.
But i try the two original games i have and both dun work :( (Samurai Shodown 4 & King of Fighters '96) both on the playable list so i just wonder if the problem come from me or i dun know (to not buy others games if original dun work on my version :o)

Thx a lot.
Ian Micheal wrote:
DaRKSLaiN wrote:my friend now have a copy of the Neo SDL 9.t2 that i?ve bringed to him, all his games are original neo geo cd games, the guy doesn?t know a lot of internet and games, but i?ve tell him how to run the emu, and he has told me that his 4 games runs "-like hell-" (he said xD), the games are Samurai Showdown, Kabuki Klash, Super Sidekicks, Kof 95... no problem on any one :)

P.D: i?ve also Fatal fury 3, Art of fighting 2, Super sidekicks, Kof 94, samurai showdown IV original and both of these loads well
Just check the topics or in the docs folder for info.

Yes it does load real neogeo cds. Does depend on your batch number this member for example loads all there real cds with out fault.

Yup real disks load but does depend on the batch number ive been told. Also only use new version like 9.2t at my site old one's use and old mame cpu core.
Dreamcast forever!!!