NEOCD/SDL DC V7

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah Some games have errors but most times it's the same errors on the pc version of the code as well. Samurai Spirits 4 well known to have these errors.

Rally chase all thou i get no errors on it for me ive played it till i got pretty good at it. That one seem to be some what random.

Im glad it's fun intresting the grafix errors i agree Try it on the pc version to see if it's in both.
Dreamcast forever!!!
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BaldMonk »

Haha, well, I'll test more on the DC version and then if I can be bothered I'll try the PC one too.. hahaha. So much fun. :) Yeah I'm getting good at RAlly too.
Goenitz
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Goenitz »

Ok great, I got a couple of games working (samurai showdown 2 and KOF 99)...but the sound does not seem to be working. Any idea on how to get this working?

BTW, the emulator rocks Ian! Keep up the great work...this is a great WIP.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Goenitz wrote:Ok great, I got a couple of games working (samurai showdown 2 and KOF 99)...but the sound does not seem to be working. Any idea on how to get this working?

BTW, the emulator rocks Ian! Keep up the great work...this is a great WIP.
Not all games Work with sound Only these i know Of have CDDA audio

Games CDDA ARE#
-AERO FIGHTERS 2 (Working CDDA)
-BREAKERS (Working CDDA)
-DOUBLE DRAGON (Working CDDA)
-PULSTAR (Working CDDA)
-Mahjong -Final Romance 2 (Working CDDA)
-METAL SLUG1 (Working CDDA)
-METAL SLUG2 (Working CDDA)
-MAGIC DROP 2 (Working CDDA)
-RAGNAGARD (Working CDDA)
-Quest of the Jongmaster (Working CDDA)
-TURF MASTERS (Working CDDA)
-VIEWPOINT (Working CDDA)
-WINDJAMMERS (Working CDDA)

So if your buying games only buy these if you want sound.
Dreamcast forever!!!
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

World Heroes Perfect works. Quite fast, but has the same kind of errors as Samurai Showdown... but not as bad. Y'know, sometimes the background jumps into the foreground and covers the top part of the sprites :) No CD Audio though.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

|Yeah it does not happen in every game. If you check the list look for graffix errors

http://www.imrtechnology.ngemu.com/neocdlist.htm give you a good idea.
Dreamcast forever!!!
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

According to taht list, Ninja Combat only has minor gfx errors. I wouldn't really call them minor... they block out the whole screen. But I guess they don't happen for a prolonged length of time.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Dont know If thats what it does on the pc version You will have to check if they are nothing i can do. Some people this does not happen. Might be new Test an old version of it 6.5 or some thing.

All i know the games i play have no errors the one's your playing i dont have to test.
Dreamcast forever!!!
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

ok, definitely an issue with the gun turret, ian.

works in fosters' v.3, does not work in your v7.

it's actually really strange what happens on the DC - while you're on it, the fire button doesn't respond at all, but when you jump off, it fires twice, quickly.

almost seems like when you're on the turret, fire and jump both get mapped to the same button, and the reason for it only firing two shots when jumping off is that's as long as it takes for the character to leave the turret.

i have my buttons configured differently in DC (C - shoot, A - jump, B - bomb), while i leave them as the default on the PC - that wouldn't be causing it, would it?
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

Ian Micheal wrote:Yeah Pulstar was a test game wanted to make sure it was just that touch faster. Yeah feels almost there. Day after im working on it again!..

Yeah When it does get to what i call perfect for this platform Target i will be as happy as the rest of you.
Love your attitude,IAN, we are rooting for you. I need some air brush and make a IAN Micheal flag and pledge to it LOL. :wink:
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

Ian Micheal wrote:Metal slug 2 is much faster but the slow down is much more harsh. Still in bits it's starting to improve a lot. But this game is the slowest of the lot i have. now it runs well till it hits slowdown Then speeds right back up again.

Lots to play that never slow down or Not to that degree.
I haven't MS2 for NGCD, so I haven't tested it with your great emulator, but I have played it a lot in arcades, and in some places, MS2 slows down a lot even in a real MVS, so maybe that slowdowns aren't really caused because of the emulation process.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

ethoscapade wrote:ok, definitely an issue with the gun turret, ian.

works in fosters' v.3, does not work in your v7.

it's actually really strange what happens on the DC - while you're on it, the fire button doesn't respond at all, but when you jump off, it fires twice, quickly.

almost seems like when you're on the turret, fire and jump both get mapped to the same button, and the reason for it only firing two shots when jumping off is that's as long as it takes for the character to leave the turret.

i have my buttons configured differently in DC (C - shoot, A - jump, B - bomb), while i leave them as the default on the PC - that wouldn't be causing it, would it?
Intresting problem Both version are based on the same code. Ether should share the same problems. Looks Like Sh4 - GCC is not generating proper code. This error And CDDA not working every game for example and Add this to them. Course im not good enff to even get that far in the game. Strange indeed.

Could be linked to a compiler setting or the way GCC is genrating the code For the sh4 side. A fix might be very hard. i might add some people have told me thet finshed the game with at trouble.. Strange!

Same CD game has anmation taking out metal slug 1 and 2 have missing frames on the real machine..
Dreamcast forever!!!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Some good news
New game works with CDDA

Street hoops It's a cool game Yah! It's fullspeed looking as well Game rocks great sound track.

Games CDDA ARE#
-AERO FIGHTERS 2 (Working CDDA)
-BREAKERS (Working CDDA)
-DOUBLE DRAGON (Working CDDA)
-PULSTAR (Working CDDA)
-Mahjong -Final Romance 2 (Working CDDA)
-METAL SLUG1 (Working CDDA)
-METAL SLUG2 (Working CDDA)
-MAGIC DROP 2 (Working CDDA)
-RAGNAGARD (Working CDDA)
-STREET HOOPS (Working CDDA) NEW!
-Quest of the Jongmaster (Working CDDA)
-TURF MASTERS (Working CDDA)
-VIEWPOINT (Working CDDA)
-WINDJAMMERS (Working CDDA)
Dreamcast forever!!!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Metal Slug machines have missing frames of animation? No way, that's not true. =P
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Tyne wrote:Metal Slug machines have missing frames of animation? No way, that's not true. =P
A CD version of it might ;) - after all, those carts are huge and the NGCD doesn't have limitless RAM, though it did have a jackload for its time.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

It's true the CD ports had missing frames in some games. Right from the neogeo database and website. I know whats true. Metal slug 2 also had slow down and missing anmation.
Dreamcast forever!!!
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

I'm really surprised that MS2 runs so well. I was playing that for AGES!!!!! It's a tad slower than MS1. Actually, I don't know if this is right, but on the first boss there are flags etc flapping in the background. When I pause it they speed up, is that what the speed is supposed to be?
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Far as i know yes. I tryed to get that more playable fast till it hits slow down. I love the emu my self. I play a lot of games on it and enjoy it.

This type of emulator on dc is great CD systems suit it and grafix like this is great to Some of these games are far better then native DC game for fun.

Since it's a cd system loads real cd's it's promoting legal emulation And a good light on the scene
Dreamcast forever!!!
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

It is indeed. I love this emulater too. It's bloody great. I was thinking that the NeoGeo was the only platform without bad games... then I tried Ninja Combat... lol.

Hey, you got a link to the PC version? I'll do some testing.
brucedeluxe
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by brucedeluxe »

Ian your a genius. Metal Slug on the DC is a dream no longer. The entire Dreamcast Community is in your debt. Looking forward to future releases and updates.

I just MIGHT have some work for you (voicing in a video game), I'll get back to you on that later, and if you ever decide you are tired of prohosting, I can give you hosting for free without ads etc.

Good Luck!
Eat it the newbie way