Am I obsessed?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Am I obsessed?

Post by GyroVorbis »

I'm sick of my parents telling me to forget about video games. "Oh, your old enough now that you don't need them!" I'm only 14, dammit. I NEED them. They say that I constantly spend money on them. I really don't think that I get THAT many games. I mean, every couple of weeks I buy a ~$10 Dreamcast game. Now that I have been talking about importing Shenmue II and Samba De Amigo, my dad went ApeShit.

He says that I need to concentrate on school and that no more than 1 game should be bought a month. Most of the time, I buy my goodz in secret, but importing a game with his PayPal is a big deal. Now I wish I wouldn't of brought it up.

Tell me, how often do you buy games?
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ace »

Very rarely now, I hardly have time to play games anymore. I used to buy a new game every few weeks when I was in High School though, as I would get bored really easily with games -I'm an insomniac, so I played a lot of games at weird hours (basically all night, never going to sleep). I needed lots of games in order to keep myself from getting extremely bored all night.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

lol dude im 20 ,and i usually buy at least a new game once a month actually ill probally be gettin mario kart double dash tonight and last month i bought kingdom hearts and a couple months before that i got ratchet and clank. this doesn't account for all the DC homebrews i burned within under 2 months...now before i stopped having a steady flow of income and moved out away from the mall especially when i was still in high school(i went to an alternative school that was in my local mall) i would buy a new N64 or PSX game at least every week sometimes i would go down to funcoland and grab up a bunch of NES titles then once i started working in the mall i would go on breaks at school and buy up 2 PS2 games a week...mind u i paid nothing more than 20 bux for my ps2 games all of them. then my fiance started this thing of buying me new games every for our monthly anniverseries hell she bought me my Dreamcast for my birthday. also may i not forget the load of N64 and Atari Jaguar titles i bought over Ebay for awhile.

i use to just buy games to add to my collections then i got overwelhmed so when i got my GC back last summer i decided to only buy one or 2 games a month and not get a new one until i beat it. but with my heavy work load at college this quarter has kind of made that goal hard

but to get to the point of this reply na man your obessed. actually i think video games are an art form just as much as movies and naked people are lol....hell i got to an art college where a major is video game design so that tells ya a lot (im not in it i dont have the drawing skills for it)

for a few years i wasn't playing games much until i turned about 17 or 18 when a friend of mine did nothing but talk about games then all of a sudden everytime i had money there was a new game in my collection before that i had maybe 8 nes titles 10 snes games 5 n64 games 3 jaguar games and so on and so forth....so yeah lol :twisted:
Samo
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Samo »

Dude I am 22 and just bought 14 Dreamcast Games last night!!! ToysRUs was having a Buy one Get one free deal. So I bought all the games I dont have....mainly Sports titles, that I wont ever play, but hey! Plus 4 memory cards, 2 new controllers....AND A CRAPLOAD of Coasters from homebew games and emulation.
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

i dont know...
importing games is a little obsessive i guess, but i know worse (arcade bums)
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

I buy around 10-12 games a month, most for DC, but im 30 and the only one that can do something about that is my wife, but she is worse than me (i have to conrol her sometimes) i guess im lucky :D
Untamed
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Untamed »

Well... I get my 2 cheques a month and after I pay bills and shit I usually have quite a bit left, more than I need until my next cheque. So I go and pick up games or accessories for the various systems that I have. I don't go nuts though. This cheque yesterday I bought Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Cannon Spike, a VMU, Mortal Kombat II for SNES, a PSX memory card, and 2 Famicom games. heh, I cant wait until next cheque. :o

EDIT: I just did a total up and that's 75$(cdn) I spent. :o...
Note to self: Don't total up what you spend on games EVAR. :o
"Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot."
Roofus wrote:Gay marriage and donkey rape are the same thing. Duh. :roll:
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

MystiK wrote:i dont know...
importing games is a little obsessive i guess, but i know worse (arcade bums)
*sigh
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

haha. MystiK and Kron should have a battle as to whether or not imports are worth it :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

I guess imports can be a little obsessive and most times imports arnt worth it (in my experience) but in this case ShenmueII is definetly worth it, believe me :D
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

DC is the only system I've imported for, sure there are a few Saturn games I'd like to import, but DC you have Shenmue 2, Rez, and Headhunter and that's just the Euro side of things. Sure all these games are available locally on other systems, but why would you want to play a crappy re-hash port when you could play the game in all it's original glory. I learned long ago that usually the first versions are the best.
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

Dammit, I REALLY want Shenmue II but I don't think my dad is going to let me via ebay. That is a damn rip off. Stupid UK Amazon refuses to ship a video game over seas. So tell me, you UKers, is Shenmue II not rare at all to you? Could you just waltz on into your local game shop and see shenmue II on a shelf? Do people just ignore it like normal Dreamcast games?

If I saw Shenmue II at my store, I would bust out into a flip, land on the groud, continue with a double summersault, stand up, Do some Karate stance, grab my ballz like Michael Jackson as a sign of marking my territory. Then, I would get it, even if I didn't have enough money. I WOULD HAVE IT!!! :mrgreen:
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I often see copies of Shenmue II in stores that still carry a large quantity of Dreamcast titles. The same with Headhunter and Rez, but their PS2 counterparts are a lot more common.

I understand your frustrations with UK Amazon - we've got the same problem with US Amazon :(.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

I don't really buy DC titles anymore as I pretty much own every game worth playing on the DC. On average I buy 4-6 games a month for other formats.
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Hey Super Sonic... why not ask one of the UK peeps to buy one and sent it to you? Of crouse, you'd need to send them the cash first. I buy stuff from Ebay all the time, and I send cash... The way I send, makes sure it's never lost. It costs more than a normal envelope and some stamps, but I'd lose more in the process. Actually, I buy imports by sending cash too.

Or you could look on the ebay site and look for US auctions that are selling shen2.