Codename: Envenom Video

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Codename: Envenom Video

Post by Tyne »

Tonight I'm going to be working on a Codename: Envenom video and will be released very shortly to show you all how it plays/looks/acts like what ajay did with Lunkin. Be prepared! You'll blow you away on how much is changed from regular Quake; mainly since Envenom was written from SCRATCH.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I'm running into a problem:

A) Winquake doesn't work with FRAPS, I press the record button and nothing happens.
B) Darkplaces records fine aside from completely screwed up colors, it looks like you're viewing the movie through Predator's eyes.
C) GLQuake and Tomaz Quake based engines cannot run Envenom at all, it just crashes out and I have no idea why.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

the beta works with tomasz for me, maybe im using an older one...
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I sent the latest Envenom to Chillio (the person who made the Corporal model) and he's gonna try and make the movie for me.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Imerion »

Whoa! Would be neat to see! Hope you get it to work!
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheDumbAss »

Ren:

If Chillo cant get a video recorded I could do it.

I could try it out on xbox and record the video directly from there...
We'd still be working with either 320x240 or 640x480 resolution (your choice) and software rendering so it'd look pretty much identical to how it would on dreamcast.

Of course I could also hook my DC up to my capture card like I did on the codename: corporal videos I recorded well over a year ago. (2 years ago?)

Best thing to do for either option would be for you to record a demo of what you'd like to have in the video and then I could just play it back and record that.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

TDA, sounds great. Next time you're on IRC I'll send you the latest Envenom to record and ofcourse test. ;)
Just don't give it out, obviously.