Setting up a DC dev enviroment...

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by toastman »

GRUB is the shiznite. It works really well, can boot Windows without a hitch and doesn't need to be reinstalled everytime you want to change your boot options.
No signature.
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

well, that LILO reinstall thing it's for me only to execute /sbin/lilo from your root prompt after you compile a new kernel or you made changes to your /etc/lilo.conf .
Configuration of both it's basically the same so i don't see your differences. GRUB could be more tolerant depending of what do you have in your system but LILO does usually boot everything (windowzes , freebsd, linux,...). LILO it's also like the stable boot loader even if GRUB could be better in some cases ;)
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

back on topic. I've tested some kos examples with AndrewK's dc-tool. Very cool.
I didn't expect the coder's cable transfers being so slow. Anyway, it's enough for me and i'm quite happy and ready to learn something. :D