Dremel Tools

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dremel Tools

Post by Synlor »

Wow.... thats all I can say. Awhile back I bought a cheap $20 or so off-brand battery powered rotory tool, and I thought it was great. Besides the fact that it took forever to cut something, and I would have to let the batteries recharged after 10 minutes of use, it was still nice to have. Well yesterday was my birthday, and I got a model 395 (5000-35000 rpm, variable speed) Dremel. It is simply incredible. Before, on my old one, it took 30 seconds or so to drill through a PCBoard. With my Dremel it went through the board before I even realized it, and it was on its lowest setting. I didn't even have time to kick it up to high speed because it was already through. Instead of a half hour + battery recharge time, I can drill a PCBoard in about 5 minutes. I have yet to try a cutting wheel on it, but I'm sure the differance is just as dramatic. I highly suggest that if you don't have one, definatly get a real Dremel, not an offbrand one. It is well worth the price, as it can do so many differant jobs. 5 stars indeed.
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Yea I love my real dremel. It is litteraly insane.
EDIT: I have a 5,000-35,000RPm Dremel. Almost the same as you synlor. Excecpt mine is a Dremel 400 xpr.
Last edited by Zealous zerotype on Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

I want to get one, but odds are I'll be cutting and grinding everything in sight because I don't have a project lined up for its use. Still, good to know that the real deal is signifigantly better than its poor cousins.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

I have one but it's single speed 35000 rpm. It's nice though. Official Dremel.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

my dad has a 3000-30.000 RPM dremel with some good extra's, but he doesnt use it, so it is permanently stationed in my room :D

and yeah, those things kick ass
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

DrFreeze wrote:...and yeah, those things kick ass
Indeed.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

I've got an ancient dremel in the toolbox. Still works great, I need to buy more cutting wheels for it though. I used it to modify some steel mounting brackets on my previous car, at high RPMs its not bad. Just don't slip...
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
wes1406
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by wes1406 »

Raijin Z wrote:I want to get one, but odds are I'll be cutting and grinding everything in sight because I don't have a project lined up for its use. Still, good to know that the real deal is signifigantly better than its poor cousins.
/me imagines the holes in Raijin's walls