Homebrew Package

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
DARKHALO2K
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Homebrew Package

Post by DARKHALO2K »

Last edited by DARKHALO2K on Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

just use SBIs and selfboot inducer. Pick out a cool theme, my personal FAV is the sonic or jet set radio theme.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Re: Homebrew Package

Post by Christuserloeser »

DARKHALO2K wrote:Hey there. With all the superb homebrew out there I was wondering about trying to take some of them and throwing them in with a jazzy interface to create an all in one media package for the Dreamcast.
I'm no real coder, so I was wondering if a programming soul out there would be interested in helping me put such a compilation together?
Really, i'd like to just take some of the best programs, emulators and mini games, put them on a disc togather and use a nice interface (possibly like that of the 360 dashboard) to organise them and make launching them a breeze. A soft reset should be added to each item so that by holding something like the face buttons and start will return to the main menu.
With the permission of the original authors we could possibly even re-create all menu's so as to fit in with the look and feel of the main interface.
The point of this? As said, mainly to have all the best stuff on one disc, which would allow both users to throw a single disc in their DC with which would hold all sorts of entertainment to get lost in (like giving someone a windows desktop to play with, I guess) and something we could put under the noses of non-dreamcast homebrew users to maybe tempt them a little.
If anybody is interested please reply here and we could discuss things further. Thanks for your time. Cheers.
http://www.DCEvolution.net - We host various images of that kind featuring emulators, games, media players, etc, etc, etc. That's some gigabytes of DC stuff.

We already would have done a compilation with all the best homebrew games out there but there's a special agreement that I can't and wont get into any further that keeps us away from doing that. Don't worry, you will soon enough know why and you'll then understand.

If you'd like to have all the best stuff for DC until late 2002, you can download the DreamSelection Vol.1 though. Also there are various Mini-DreamSelections spread over various releases with dozens of games , apps & demos included.

The bigger ones of our releases all concentrate on 1 dedicated topic because they feature a lot of extras and goodies thrown in, that would make it impossible & obsolete to include them to a big collection.

For the future we got a shxtload of new releases in the pipeline, those took and take ages to complete and will feature all kinds of DC goodness, so stay tuned. :wink:
Insane homebrew collector.
DARKHALO2K
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKHALO2K »

Cool, thanks guys. I'll mess around and see if I can convert my theme ideas into my own SBI.
Thanks for your time.