I'm moving to Shanghai

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I'm moving to Shanghai

Post by JuddWack »

In 2 days and am incredibly nervous. Even more nervous than when I moved to Xi'an from the States and knew nothing about Chinese culture or language.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Good luck. I've never done anything like that before, moving to a new country knowing nothing about the culture/language. Hell I've been to Indonesia once and that's the most I've ever travelled. You've got a lot more guts than I do!
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Skynet wrote:Good luck. I've never done anything like that before, moving to a new country knowing nothing about the culture/language. Hell I've been to Indonesia once and that's the most I've ever travelled. You've got a lot more guts than I do!
Yea, everyone in indonesia speaks english and are very friendly so it isn't very imtimidating.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

:lol: Except for the abusive ones that bitch about you in front of all their friends in Indonesian. :lol:

JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I'm trying to save a hell of a lot of money over the next 6 months so I can do some serious traveling. I hope to have about $5000USD for traveling, which would include a few short distance plane tickets, one long distance and a lot of trains.

I want to hit a lot of Asia and western europe. I'd love to see Indonesia. My goal is to mooch my way through western europe so I can visit some of the more expensive countries with the cash I save, but I'm sure that won't happen.

Anyway thanks for the words.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

OMG, you are so lucky, i was in shanghai (and Xi'an) over the summer! I miss it so much!! its such an amazing city! Good luck!
Feel it, Don't think
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

JuddWack wrote:. My goal is to mooch my way through western europe so I can visit some of the more expensive countries with the cash I save,
When your in Italy ask for the Turkish toilets.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Nemesis wrote:OMG, you are so lucky, i was in shanghai (and Xi'an) over the summer! I miss it so much!! its such an amazing city! Good luck!
Ditto.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I'd love to see Indonesia
So so cheap over there. The Aussie dollar isn't worth much compared to most other countries, such as US and British pound, etc. but it kicks ass in Indonesia. :lol:

Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Its pretty easy to mooch through western europe with our cheap-ass air travel.

You can currently get flights from London to Berlin for ?0.01 + Tax. :D

And yes, that makes no business sense whatsoever, but as a customer I can't complain.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Well I'm in the airport now. Free internet access... pretty cool. My flight was delayed and I'm having trouble contacting the person who will meet me at Shanghai airport.

My Luggage was more than double the allowed limit. I bargained them down from 580RMB to 280RMB, that was pretty funny.

Saying goodbye to my girlfriend was pretty difficult. Maybe one of the hardest things I ever did, but we spoke about it a number of times so it's not like it was a suprise. It was something I had to do, but I don't think she felt that way.

Just waiting.... pretty damn nervous.