Have any of you had issues with financial aid?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Have any of you had issues with financial aid?

Post by MKE »

This is a quick post, but i got my second, and last financial aid check in today.

when i signed up at my school they said i was getting ~2700$ financial aid. which would have covered my books and tuition. and it wasnt even just this school, all the schools my sat scores were sent to gave me the same estimate.

now, in the past 2 weeks, i've gotten both checks. one for $666.25, and the other for $250. this doesnt even cover all my books.

i'm calling the financial aid office on monday and seeing what's going on, i'm just curious if anyone else here has had this same issue.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

ahhh HECS, how I love thee.
Travis of the Cosmos
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Travis of the Cosmos »

Maybe they deducted your tuition from your aid and sent you what was left.
That is the way my school handled financial aid.
And they dole it out one semester at a time, not the entire academic year.

$900 for textbooks seem very expensive for just for one semester or is that the for two semesters?
Wise fwom your Gwave!!!!
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

That is the leftover. That is about what I had leftover after the cal and pell grants. Check your financial aid calander, and it should have the total of your grants, then a deduction for tuition, then the leftover amount which should be the same amount you recieved in checks.

Travis is also correct, WTF are you taking where its gonna cost almost 9 hundy for books? The most I ever paid for books was 500 and that was when I was taking 16 units.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

If you get your books from Amazon, you can save several hundred dollars. Just be sure you order them early. This semester, I saved about $300.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Are you sure they are not talking over the course of two semesters? For instance, I received a letter from Ball State telling me I will be receiving $2400 in extra financial aid. That translates into $1200 now, and $1200 for the spring semester.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

no, that was for this semester only, and i've already paid for everything (tuition and books) out of "pocket" (credit card) and was waiting for the 'reimbursement' checks to come in.

and all 700$ wasnt just for books, it was for everything for school, which my one design art class, i spent about 300$ on alone just getting the painting supplies.

i also know i could have gotten my books somewhere cheaper, but it was much easier going to the schools book store and them telling me what i need, and getting it right there.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

You've got to fill out 20,000 forms and make 20 phone calls to get all of the financial aid that you deserve.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

MKE wrote:no, that was for this semester only, and i've already paid for everything (tuition and books) out of "pocket" (credit card) and was waiting for the 'reimbursement' checks to come in.

and all 700$ wasnt just for books, it was for everything for school, which my one design art class, i spent about 300$ on alone just getting the painting supplies.

i also know i could have gotten my books somewhere cheaper, but it was much easier going to the schools book store and them telling me what i need, and getting it right there.
Dang, I have a ton of oil paints I will never use if you need anything. I had to take one painting class, but I absolutely hate painting, so I'll never use them again.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

i spent over $800 just on film alone this semester
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Yeap the books are a killer at most schools. Here is a trick of the trade dont buy your books the library at all colleges keeps a copy of all currently used text books on file. You can go there and read the chapter needed for class and take notes out of the book and even photo copy out what is needed.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

SuperMegatron wrote:Yeap the books are a killer at most schools. Here is a trick of the trade dont buy your books the library at all colleges keeps a copy of all currently used text books on file. You can go there and read the chapter needed for class and take notes out of the book and even photo copy out what is needed.
That isnt true, it isnt the library's responsibility to keep texts on hold. If a profe puts one there, your good. if not, your fucked.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

arrowhead wrote:
SuperMegatron wrote:Yeap the books are a killer at most schools. Here is a trick of the trade dont buy your books the library at all colleges keeps a copy of all currently used text books on file. You can go there and read the chapter needed for class and take notes out of the book and even photo copy out what is needed.
That isnt true, it isnt the library's responsibility to keep texts on hold. If a profe puts one there, your good. if not, your fucked.
On top of that, if someone checks out the book, you are screwed.