Godfather Blackhand For The Wii

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Godfather Blackhand For The Wii

Post by Dew »

Anyone else tried this out yet?

I picked it up a few days ago and it has exceeded my expectations. I had serious doubts about a gta ripoff on the Wii but I'm glad to say EA actual pulled it off. The controls are very natural and very well done. After having played it on the Wii I see no reason in ever playing the Xbox version again. It's so much fun to just go around beating the shit out of people with your bare hands or a bat. Feels a little like Wii sports boxing at times. Very responsive too, like if you keep swinging the nunchuck and not the Wiimote, your character only moves his left hand. The aiming is a kinda weird at first but once you get the sensitivity adjusted right you'll get the hang of it.

Basically it's the same godfather game only with lots of improvements and more missions. Feels much more complete than the older versions. The only thing that's still bugging me is why the hell could they get every one of the original casts likenesses expect Al Pacino's?

All in all a very solid game. One of the best games I've played on the Wii thus far.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Re: Godfather Blackhand For The Wii

Post by Lartrak »

Dew wrote:Anyone else tried this out yet?

I picked it up a few days ago and it has exceeded my expectations. I had serious doubts about a gta ripoff on the Wii but I'm glad to say EA actual pulled it off. The controls are very natural and very well done. After having played it on the Wii I see no reason in ever playing the Xbox version again. It's so much fun to just go around beating the shit out of people with your bare hands or a bat. Feels a little like Wii sports boxing at times. Very responsive too, like if you keep swinging the nunchuck and not the Wiimote, your character only moves his left hand. The aiming is a kinda weird at first but once you get the sensitivity adjusted right you'll get the hang of it.

Basically it's the same godfather game only with lots of improvements and more missions. Feels much more complete than the older versions. The only thing that's still bugging me is why the hell could they get every one of the original casts likenesses expect Al Pacino's?

All in all a very solid game. One of the best games I've played on the Wii thus far.
Pacino may have refused to sell it. It wouldn't suprise me.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Number Six »

I've only put a couple of hours into it so far, but it has been nothing short of awesome. Just grabbing passersby and shoving them into a wall before finishing them off with a headbutt... What more needs to be said?
DARKGATE wrote:look me in the my balls eyes :o
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

sounds hilarious. I need a game where I can beat down people for no reason. GTA has that but God father seems to take it to a creative level. Time to save up some dough.
Have you played dreamcast today?
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

The Godfather is the only game in the last 13 years that I beat 100%. I loved it.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I really wanted to play this game, but I passed it up on the other systems because I don't care for the GTA games. Since I'm a fan of the movies is it worth checking out if I don't like GTA?
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

I did briefly start the Xbox version but didn't have the time to put into it. If this works aswell as it sounds it's looking like a definate next buy for me.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Post by Dew »

Vlad Tepes wrote:I really wanted to play this game, but I passed it up on the other systems because I don't care for the GTA games. Since I'm a fan of the movies is it worth checking out if I don't like GTA?
On the game you play a custom character and you get intertwined into the movie events as a rising Enforcer in the Corleone family. The events are fairly accurate but the order isn't.

*SPOILERS BELOW*
Towards the beginning of the game, Vito Corleone gets shot several times and you have to drive the ambulance to the Hospital. Then much later in the game you get to sneak into the movie producer's house and help place the horse's head into his bed. Completely wrong order.
*SPOILERS END*

So basically, I recommend you rent it.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Vlad Tepes wrote:I really wanted to play this game, but I passed it up on the other systems because I don't care for the GTA games. Since I'm a fan of the movies is it worth checking out if I don't like GTA?
I liked it much more than the GTA games. Perhaps it is because the godfather 1&2 are a couple of my favorite movies that I liked it so much, but whatever. Great game on any platform.