What makes a good DC Emulation site? And where are they?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Sparkey
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What makes a good DC Emulation site? And where are they?

Post by Sparkey »

Okay. This site is getting a bit too political for my taste. I'm not someone interested in clashing personalities. I just want a place to read DC Emu news, download some software (betas or otherwise), and follow some good Emulation discussions. I don't care about the Henderson's, etc.

What I LIKE about this site, though, is the layout. I like being able to go to the main page and just see at a glance whether or not there's anything new I should know about, or if it's just the same old news as the last time I checked. I like that this site is busy, and gets updated fairly often.

So what other sites should I be looking at that are actually worth going to, that cover a whole range of DC Emulation topics, and not just the one or two programs that someone is developing at their site?

Any suggestions?

-Sparkey
Angel-Sephiroth
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

simple just dont post fake news

Post by Angel-Sephiroth »

simple just dont post fake news
ScruffysApricots
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by ScruffysApricots »

swirlvision's ok but a little dry
vintage gaming network rocks but its for all emu
console vision is the same as here but with other emus too (and they rip off your news if you post it 1st)
Spaz-o-matic
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Spaz-o-matic »

Actually, http://www.consolevision.com does NOT rip off news. Consolevision is less political and contains more depndable and trustworthy people. I left this site to go there. Many people are doing the same. The developers of Dreamcast homebrew softwre also visit this site.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Um scruffys, you might wanna check the time of posts b4 saying who ripped who off.. and if you credit the source it ain't ripping off. Look on the front page and you see "Thanks to Hollywood Hasney" or "Thanks to Wraggster" for the news :p

And a lot of mine say thank you to Dr. Z, as he gives me the news when he gets it first :)

And how quickly people forget http://www.boob.co.uk too, another great site :)
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

I was just about to mention Boob, I guess people still hate them for killing DCGen & GBA-DC, that's why they don't talk about them. :p

They're still not the bad boyz of the sK3n3 though! We be! :evil:
The Kron_

Post by The Kron_ »

Spaz just because Cheater continually screws up please dont bad mouth the site for a number of us mods/admin who try to make a difference, to judge the whole site because of one persons actions is very disrespectfull to the others who know better (and who wouldnt have posted any of that recent crap in the first place).
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

It's not worth worrying about The Kron.

Spaz is no angel either...

;)

BTW, it looks like Console Vision have just posted about a possibly fake emu too:

"SNES Emulator on the PS2...
Posted by at 4:01 PM

This seems to be old news, it hasn't been updated in months, and I'm sure it hasnt been posted here... anyway, There seems to be a SNES emulator on the PS2 in the works, click here to visit the page. I thought this would interest some people.

Thanx Lyon for the link.

Cheers,
ElPed2000"

:lol:
007Cheater
Founder and Ex-Admin
Founder and Ex-Admin

Post by 007Cheater »

As for politics, all the politics dcemu gets from from ex-dcemu members at CV. Without them DCEmu would not longer be political. I hate politics, I just want people to get there news whatever it is.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

[quote=Dr Zoidberg]

BTW, it looks like Console Vision have just posted about a possibly fake emu too:[/quote]

Well we wouldn't really have ANY news for PS2 dev without sepculation ;)

Aprt from the SMSPlus for PS2Linux :)
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

That post was more a shot at ElPed than at CV, I owe him one! :p
Kami

Post by Kami »

[quote=007Cheater]
As for politics, all the politics dcemu gets from from ex-dcemu members at CV. Without them DCEmu would not longer be political. I hate politics, I just want people to get there news whatever it is.
[/quote]

uhm no. I think that was proved in the first dcemu war.