DemoMenu =load more then 5 emulators on a cd..(eg. snes,smeg

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Solid Snake
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Solid Snake »

DeGamer, icq me at: 141440912
timefun
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

co

Post by timefun »

that was cool DeGamer!!
And can you list out emulator that support cdr swapping?(cause u've tried)
i don't know about others but cdr swapping is the best feature for dcemu to me.(beside speed, sound and graphics)

cdr swapping:yes
=burn all best roms with emulator test out then + more 2nd best roms on
a cdr later.

=can use the same cdr for every emulator with all the best rom for every of them.

with demomenu selfboot = one cd with all dc emulators + 1 cd with all the best roms (favorite roms) for every emulator.

=gypplay v2.0 will be the best media pro for dc!!

i hope that diff demumenu will support wince & so on... that way every single emu available for dc can boot on the same disc.

thanks everyone for all answers!!
Solid Snake
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Solid Snake »

Besides Dream-O-Rama and MAME, do all the other roms need to be unziped?
dimeotane
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Running WinCE apps with Demomenu

Post by dimeotane »

Dunno if this will help but there's a program which will convert 0WINCEOS.BIN to 1st_read.bin

http://jodules.free.fr/DC_Tools/0WINCEO ... .BIN10.zip

It would be wonderful to run the wince programs along with my emulators on one disc. I hate burning :roll: 30 meg discs. Once CD should be enough to hold everything!
DCEMUMAN
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

time

Post by DCEMUMAN »

Will that newbie proof guide to making the demomenu be up ne time soon because i really want to be able to make it because im not having ne luck whatsoever with making these emu cds. If so, plz show the link to that site.

thx~
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

timefun wrote: that was cool DeGamer!!
And can you list out emulator that support cdr swapping?(cause u've tried)
All the emus that I tried (Except DreamPac) you can swap CDs to play games (As long as you do it when you are supposed to).

Solid Snake wrote: Besides Dream-O-Rama and MAME, do all the other roms need to be unziped?
Dream-O-Rama games do NOT need to be zipped. As far as I know MAME DC and MAMED! DC are the only emus that need the games to be zipped. I am not sure about DreamMSX though.

Hey your ICQ number is not working. Click on mine next to my PM and add me to your ICQ list.

dimeotane wrote: Dunno if this will help but there's a program which will convert 0WINCEOS.BIN to 1st_read.bin
Hmmm.... I'll check it out. It sounds interesting. Thanks.

DCEMUMAN wrote: Will that newbie proof guide to making the demomenu be up ne time soon because i really want to be able to make it because im not having ne luck whatsoever with making these emu cds. If so, plz show the link to that site.

thx~

Well, I can easily make one but I would need some one to host/put it on their website.
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
Spaz-o-matic
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

time

Post by Spaz-o-matic »

DCEMUMAN wrote: Will that newbie proof guide to making the demomenu be up ne time soon because i really want to be able to make it because im not having ne luck whatsoever with making these emu cds. If so, plz show the link to that site.

thx~
Just use this: http://www.emuburn.8m.com

Just download that .exe and run it. It has a little explanation to it and I think the new one has an example or something. It's easy, and includes dssbs so it makes an image.
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

The readme file in Demo Menu might be too difficult for newbiews.
I think definately a newbie guide would help. I would write one as long as someone will put it up on their site. I helped Solid Snake put several emus on a CD.

The only thing that bugs me is that he was not able to get DreamSNES and Ngine SNES9X to work on Demo Menu. Then I decided to send him the files that I have and it still did not work for him. I tried it myself twice and the files I have work fine for me. I wonder what happened. :?: :?: :?:
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
timefun
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

interesting..

Post by timefun »

yes degamer.

me have the same problem too.

the first time i burn nothing work except frnes

second time that work: Npocket, Frnes, mamed, (mp3player)

second time doesn't work: dcgen, dreamsnes, smeg, nester(loaded but messed up), and all other.
i tried wince to 1st_read for boobboy but it didn't work.

damm i think something to do with the makeiso.bat (so far so bad to me!)
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Um, you need to scramble some bins to run them correctly with demomenu. Try using both the 'normal' .bin from the plain files release, and a scrambled one as well both on the disk (ie have one file called SMEG.bin (the unscrambled one) another (scrambled) called scrmbldSMEG.bin)

Chances are one of them will work correctly. The just remember which one is the 'correct' one and select it every time, or in furutre if you're doing it again just use the one that worked.
timefun
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

thnks

Post by timefun »

oh crap.

yeah nyarlathotep. i think that is the one.. i'll try again but also is there to convert to scramble if you have in .bin and not sure?

be back soon! :cry:
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Nyarlathotep wrote: Um, you need to scramble some bins to run them correctly with demomenu.
Actually, they all need to be scrambled but I think the ones that did not work were not scrambled. But then again the DReamSNES that works for me did not work for Solid Snake ( I sent him the one I had).

I'll scramble the ones that did not work and try again.
timefun
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

why?

Post by timefun »

so did anyone got that wince thing to work with Demomenu? i tried it with boobboy and had no luck.
what about some commercial games like tetris why isn't it work with demomenu?

hope for demomenu to load:

any commercial game
any wince emulator (boobboy) or game (dr driller)

then iam happy. :)
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

why?

Post by DeGamer1 »

timefun wrote: so did anyone got that wince thing to work with Demomenu? i tried it with boobboy and had no luck.
what about some commercial games like tetris why isn't it work with demomenu?
Commercial games don't work with Demo Menu nor WinCE apps. I tried Boobboy and Sintendo with 0WINCEOS.BIN to 1st_read.bin and it did not work.

You can try all you want but there is NO WAY commercial games will work with Demo Menu.
Dr Wily

why?

Post by Dr Wily »

DeGamer wrote: You can try all you want but there is NO WAY commercial games will work with Demo Menu.
DCGrendal wrote it that way deliberately. He didn't want lamers to start producing multi game Warez discs.

Please don't ask about commercial games Timefun. There is a way of putting multiple commercial games and WInCE apps on one disk, but that too is warez. So don't even ask.
Spaz-o-matic
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

why?

Post by Spaz-o-matic »

Nyarlathotep wrote: DCGrendal wrote it that way deliberately. He didn't want lamers to start producing multi game Warez discs.
That information is incorrect. You have to *add* code to make Katana and/or Windows CE work on the loader. He was originally going to do it, then he asked himself "why?" and cancelled Katana/WinCE support. Then he cancelled the project altogether shortly later.