DC Movie Player released

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Alexvrb »

actually, the best way to find the most detailed info on a video/audio file is using gspot. it tells you exactly what codec it is using, regardless of what you have installed on your system.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
DeReaper
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DeReaper »

well i have a professional corporate edition of Divx 5.05 which requires no registration and has no adware

if it is allowed i will post it but im t thinking it wont be allowed just delete this post if this is not allowed... lol just please dont ban me this will have been the only thing i have posted in a long long time
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

I imagine it's not legal without a corporate license.
DeReaper
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DeReaper »

well there is not a ned for any type of liscence... lol it just installs and works

but i guess it must be warez so ill drop it
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Indeed. It's a cracked version.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
trunksalan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by trunksalan »

i like this movie player because it supports all the files that i can't load on dcdivx 4
very very cool
can't wait for the final version... This Bero is pretty fast at coding??? it seems like it
darkmaster
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by darkmaster »

dc divx sucks
BlackxKnight
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BlackxKnight »

I just ran Ruroni Kenshin - Samuri X thru it the file was like 300mb or so and it worked flawlessly i cant wait to see another vers maybe somthing with a smoother GUI...but thats all cosmetic
also does it really have to have "Test release" up in the corner while its playing? is there a way to turn that off?
BxKreations Now much more than just Mugen.
darkmaster
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by darkmaster »

dont post about warez Series TV Episodes
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

darkmaster wrote:dont post about warez Series TV Episodes
He didn't actually say he downloaded them, he could have converted them to a high-resolution, high-bitrate, high-filesize DivX from his own DVDs and wanted to re-convert them at a later date. There's bugger-all chance that that's true, but we can't proce it :P.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
darkmaster
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by darkmaster »

So this post is going outopic, bero when u ll come back to the scene! :cry:
BlackxKnight
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BlackxKnight »

az_bont wrote:
darkmaster wrote:dont post about warez Series TV Episodes
He didn't actually say he downloaded them, he could have converted them to a high-resolution, high-bitrate, high-filesize DivX from his own DVDs and wanted to re-convert them at a later date. There's bugger-all chance that that's true, but we can't proce it :P.
one of the original purposes of DivX...to backup the dvd's you own incase one of them breaks..but divx was also available be4 dvd burners were available in home
in other words no i didnt get it illegaly

Ive also tried more videos and they have all worked flawlessly the only thing that i see that needs work is the GUI
BxKreations Now much more than just Mugen.
pyremagi
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

God's Player

Post by pyremagi »

So far bero I would like to say you are a genious, this player even only in its second test realease is good enough to be called the Dreamcast media player of the gods. Playing of smaller divx files is perfect and larger ones are near to it. I can't wait for a next release. The power to have a console media system is almost with in my grasp. This thing is so amazing that in the final version I would love to donate some cash to the cause.
gnateye
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by gnateye »

anychance of someone making a dj version 3 image of this like the last version? i cant use version 4 on mac, and i love the test 1 release and am dying to try test 2.

if someone can help me out please email me at

natty-at-cosmicbreaks.com

thanx
gnateye
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by gnateye »

anychance of someone making a dj version 3 image of this like the last version? i cant use version 4 on mac, and i love the test 1 release and am dying to try test 2.

if someone can help me out please email me at

natty-at-cosmicbreaks.com

thanx
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Weasel's got some selfboot tools for mac. Try http://macemu.com/~dreamcast/dc_apps.htm for some downloads.
gnateye
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by gnateye »

all the coolest new ones only work for osx, im on a mac classic os9 just to be difficult 8)
bryceone2000
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by bryceone2000 »

So can I swap with a SVCD and select the DAT file and play it? or does it automatically play VCD/SVCD? or can it not be the .DAT format and only be .MPG?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

bryceone2000 wrote:So can I swap with a SVCD and select the DAT file and play it? or does it automatically play VCD/SVCD? or can it not be the .DAT format and only be .MPG?
Select the DAT file. It automatically navigates to the MPEGAV folder, though, if I remember correctly, and probablt the MPEG2 folder for SVCDs.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
bryceone2000
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by bryceone2000 »

ok, my next question is... can I make my own disc with the player & video (mpg or divx) that will automatically start the movie when I put the disc in the DC.