Windows won't detect my laptop's sound card!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Windows won't detect my laptop's sound card!

Post by Nemesis »

I really need some help! I just got back from china, and i bought a laptop there (a TCL K40 Lifebook). I got it home and installed English windows on it, but the sound is not working. When i open WMP and try to play a cd it says "WMP cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, or it might not be functioning properly.". I was thinking that it was an issue with the drivers, but i have audio drivers when i look in the device manager. Compared to the list in the device manager of my home computer my laptop has no sound card. However also in the device manager on my laptop there is an unsigned PCI device that it says has a problem. I think that is my soundcard, but what can i do about it? I've already tried the options for installing drivers and all that. Please help! :(
Feel it, Don't think
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

You've tried removing it in device manager and restarting, right?
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

removing the unidentified pci device? I tried that, it came up with the found new hardware wizard, searched for stuff to install it with, and then said it cannot install it.
Feel it, Don't think
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

I meant your sound card, have you tried that?
Nemesis
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Nemesis »

its not in the device manager for some reason, its not being recognized
Feel it, Don't think