Wii component cables, who's getting them?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wii component cables, who's getting them?

Post by stagg »

After looking at this, http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162297/p-2.html , I decided I am getting them for sure now. The difference is completely noticeable, well, at least way more then I thought they would be.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I will get from TRU when I get my console on launch. If not, I'll shop around. I'm thinking I might go instore and see if they will sell them at launch, if they are I will add it to my pre-order if I can.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I bought a few sets of 3rd party cables for about $7 each... the problem is that they are Chinese and the shipping was about $30. But nevertheless they are getting good reviews, and I figure component cables can't really differ much with pin placement and the like. So I'm going to have 2 extra sets ... thinking of putting them on fleabay but not sure.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

Im getting em from nintendo online, I ordered them before the 22nd which was the cut off date for them to be shipped on the 28th.. so I still have some waiting to do.. Until then Zelda remains sealed
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Once I actually get a wii, I will get a pair of those cables.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I desperately need an S-Video cable for my Wii. My entire system is centered around S-Video, so to play my Wii I have to unhook everything from the back of the TV. I have to wait until Best Buy gets them, though, because it's too expensive otherwise.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Thats pretty much the difference we get here in Europe for using RGB Scart leads compared to the usual composite leads. We dont use S-Video here really...
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

MulletMan13 wrote:I bought a few sets of 3rd party cables for about $7 each... the problem is that they are Chinese and the shipping was about $30. But nevertheless they are getting good reviews, and I figure component cables can't really differ much with pin placement and the like. So I'm going to have 2 extra sets ... thinking of putting them on fleabay but not sure.
Keep 1, and I'll buy them in a few weeks.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Gmc wrote:Thats pretty much the difference we get here in Europe for using RGB Scart leads compared to the usual composite leads. We dont use S-Video here really...
Ugh yeah composite is nice when taking my console to other places, because most tvs have composite connections on the front, but the image quality is horrible. I really noticed it after I was forced to go back to composite for my DC after having used Scart for a couple of years.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Cid Highwind wrote:
Gmc wrote:Thats pretty much the difference we get here in Europe for using RGB Scart leads compared to the usual composite leads. We dont use S-Video here really...
Ugh yeah composite is nice when taking my console to other places, because most tvs have composite connections on the front, but the image quality is horrible. I really noticed it after I was forced to go back to composite for my DC after having used Scart for a couple of years.
It must be nice to have a high quality standard cable with audio and video integrated into a single plug - which can be daisy chained, what's more... It'll be a long time before HDMI (the only thing which has the advantages of RGB SCART and might succeed in the US) is ever widely accepted as a standard, and probably decades before it is even close to as common as composite is in the USA.

I don't think composite looks terrible on standard def smaller TVs, but on most larger displays (like my projector) or on HDTVs, it looks pretty bad.. Though I do have a friend who has a large rear projection Sony which must have a really killer comb filter, as it is the only large screen TV I've seen that has good quality with composite. For example, Dead Rising's text is almost as legible on it as on an equivalent size HDTV.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

I'll only accept HDMI as a standard when they remove the bullshit HDCP requirement.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

Mine shipped today :)!
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

APE wrote:I'll only accept HDMI as a standard when they remove the bullshit HDCP requirement.
Seconded, but it seems HDCP has some vulnerabilities, so its a matter of time before its cracked al? CSS.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

What about an s-video cable - anyone know where I can find the likes of that?

- Fuzmeister
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Number Six »

Yeah, S-video cable. My TV doesn't support progressive scan, and without it the difference between s-vid and component is negligible. Especially for the price. The jump from composite to s-vid, though, is night and day, and thus justified.
DARKGATE wrote:look me in the my balls eyes :o
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

i just order it from nintendo........ 40 bucks w/s&H oouchh.....
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Yonke wrote:i just order it from nintendo........ 40 bucks w/s&H oouchh.....
This is why I posted a link to the budget set. 3rd-party accessories generally aren't that great, but it's pretty hard to mess up a simple cable :-P
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Thing is will this help those of us with normal televisions? I never have really understood the various cables.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Yonke wrote:i just order it from nintendo........ 40 bucks w/s&H oouchh.....
This is why I posted a link to the budget set. 3rd-party accessories generally aren't that great, but it's pretty hard to mess up a simple cable :-P
These are the sets that I ordered 3 of. Shipping for one is about $26, so unless you're buying in bulk these aren't that much of a better deal.

I bought three of them... and atf claimed one. I think I'm going to throw the third on ebay and see what it fetches.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista