Star Wars Kid's parents file lawsuit

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Star Wars Kid's parents file lawsuit

Post by -Azathoth- »

"The parents of Ghyslain Raza, the Quebec teenager who became a celebrity this spring after classmates posted on the Internet a video of him mimicking a Star Wars character, allege that their son was so humiliated by the experience that he had to get psychiatric care. The revelation is made in a lawsuit his parents have filed against the families of four classmates they accuse of maliciously turning their son into an object of mockery. The video of Ghyslain, a portly 15-year-old pretending he is wielding a double-bladed light sabre, has been downloaded millions of times from several Web sites, which dubbed him Star Wars Kid. ... the Razas say that Ghyslain was so widely mocked at his private high school that he dropped out. ... Ghyslain 'will be under psychiatric care for an indefinite amount of time.'"

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/sto ... /National/

as taken from a "forbidden" website. :lol:

Be sure to view Jeeba's "Funniest Thing Ever" thread and watch the vids. Poor kid.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

15 YEARS OLD!?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

lol.
It's his own fault for filming it. If he didnt want people to see it what else was he going to do with the video...watch it back?!?
Hopefully he'll win and spend money on getting a life and buying gym equipment.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

BoneyCork wrote:lol.
It's his own fault for filming it.
and then releasing it on the net. or giving it to one of his friends with video conversion tools.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I must be the only one who hasn't seen it.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

I.M. Weasel wrote:
It's his own fault for filming it.
and then releasing it on the net. or giving it to one of his friends with video conversion tools.

He left it in a school video camera....
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Poor fricken kid. I admit that I laughed a lot when I watched that video, but damn. I never acted like I was any better than that kid.

Some website opened up a donation and they bought him an ipod and gave him like 18x $200 gift certificates to eb or futureshop or something. His shitty ass friends tried to trick those people into sending the money and ipod to them too! :x
He's got some crappy friends if you ask me. To laugh at him and show their classmates that video is one thing, but to encode it and upload it for the world to see... that's low.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

If someone made a video like that if me it whould rock and be awesome.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

It's his own fault for filming it. If he didnt want people to see it what else was he going to do with the video...watch it back?!?
That's exactly what I thought.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

If somebody did that to me, id reep the rewards and enjoy being an internet pehnomenon.
The only reason he can't laugh at himself is probably because he knows hes overweight. It will make an amusing court case though, when they look at the evidence :lol:
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Did he do a good job playing star wars?

Sure like to see that video..
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Veggita2099 wrote:Did he do a good job playing star wars?

Sure like to see that video..
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/starwarskid.html
It's thinking...
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

Hopefully this will end up on CourtTV.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

All american adults get ready, you maybe on the jury.
do these things go before the jury?
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

If I were him, I'd have turned all that "mockey" to my favour. Make myself look like a comedian :roll:

I'd have gone ahead and done another one of T3, sought jobs with major TV networks, demanded compensation from anyone wishing to post the videos.....

Psychiatric care.... whatever :roll:
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Hell thats nothing to be ashamed of. Sure he looked stupid, but its not the kinda of stupid people look down on you for. If I had the equipment id make one and upload it lol.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

The video wasn't bad until he did the kick thing... Anyways he should get some compensation but other than that...eh, start your own website and do parodies of other film. Might as well embrace it
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

nymus wrote:If I were him, I'd have turned all that "mockey" to my favour. Make myself look like a comedian :roll:

I'd have gone ahead and done another one of T3, sought jobs with major TV networks, demanded compensation from anyone wishing to post the videos.....

I don't understand why he'd be "traumatized." Unless he wasn't just doing the video for fun. It wouldn't surprise me a bit, though if the kid was a loner. First, he's fat (trust me, it DOES hurt the self-confidence) second, his name is Ghyslain Raza. I'm sure that didn't help things. Put those things together and you've got a very nerdy, very sensitive kid just begging for wedgies.

Probably those kids did upload the video to humiliate him, and now he doesn't realize that all the edits are in good fun. Also, that's pretty fucked up that those kids tried to steal his iPod. That kinda tells you about his social standing.

Of course, it's entirely possible that his mother is totally psycho and decided that he MUST have been humiliated, so she pulls him out of school (I'm not sure why. Everyone in the world saw it. :roll: ) and puts him in therapy, the whole time oblivious to the fact that the kid loves the attention he's finally getting. I think that the fact that she named the kid Ghyslain proves that theory.

Oh, and I would have done a T3 video too. That would rule.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Roofus wrote:
nymus wrote:If I were him, I'd have turned all that "mockey" to my favour. Make myself look like a comedian :roll:

I don't understand why he'd be "traumatized." Unless he wasn't just doing the video for fun. It wouldn't surprise me a bit, though if the kid was a loner. First, he's fat (trust me, it DOES hurt the self-confidence) second, his name is Ghyslain Raza. I'm sure that didn't help things. Put those things together and you've got a very nerdy, very sensitive kid just begging for wedgies.

Probably those kids did upload the video to humiliate him, and now he doesn't realize that all the edits are in good fun. Also, that's pretty fudge up that those kids tried to steal his iPod. That kinda tells you about his social standing.

Of course, it's entirely possible that his mother is totally psycho and decided that he MUST have been humiliated, so she pulls him out of school (I'm not sure why. Everyone in the world saw it. :roll: ) and puts him in therapy, the whole time oblivious to the fact that the kid loves the attention he's finally getting. I think that the fact that she named the kid Ghyslain proves that theory.

Next week on Dr. Phil...
It's thinking...
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Roofus wrote:

Probably those kids did upload the video to humiliate him, and now he doesn't realize that all the edits are in good fun. Also, that's pretty fucked up that those kids tried to steal his iPod. That kinda tells you about his social standing.

If you have a good attitude about it, being fat doesn't matter too much.

I knew a kid that must have weighed about 300 lbs, but it didn't matter because he didn't act like it at all and didn't let it stop him from doing anything. Nobody said anything about it either and I knew him pretty well. We'd play scorched earth and various games in the comp lab and stuff.

The Starwarskid isn't THAT fat at all... He's more on the chunky side.