DCPS Update

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DCPS Update

Post by Matisfaction »

Some of you might be wondering why DCPS is down right now, so i thought that i might as well let everyone know.

There was some kind of error on the boards that i couldn't fix, So a clean install seems to be in order. This doesn't look as straight forward as it sounds and it's not like i have time to do it, So in a nutshell i don't know if DCPS will be back up, ever.

DCPS is pretty much a one man band, mainly due to others just simply not having the time to help out/contribute.

DCPS is a huge job to keep maintained and therefore i've come to the point where i can't handle it all on my own and also my knowledge of html and phpbb only goes so far.

It seems a shame as the we had been building up a nice community and the DCPS auction intergration feature was looking really promising, although it would have took a huge amount of effort.

If enough people want it back then ill try my best to get it up and running again, but right now i don't know.

Thanks to everyone that signed up and used the boards.

Mat.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

It may sound crazy. But i've had to do it before. If you make a new PHPBB install and just copy and paste an SQL dump a few hundred lines at a time in the new database you can bring it back to life
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'd try to help you out, but alas, as with you, I have little time to work on stuff lately. I'll miss DCPS, and I hope that you do get everything sorted out.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Good luck. Even though I didn't post there, I checked every week or two. Please continue working on it.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

DC Pawn shop was always a lot of fun. I bought some items and I think i even sold something. It was great for the community. I would love to see it back, actully ive been checking it almost daily. good luck!
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

BRING IT BACK!
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I was an infrequent but still very interested user. I've made about four transactions through DCPS, and I was in the middle of negotiating a fifth. In fact, I think I had a confirmation message waiting for me when the board went down >.<

I'd certainly like to see it back, though I understand if you feel it wasn't a popular enough forum to be worth the hassle.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

i only make a few transactions but............

Im gonna miss it :cry:
timmypod
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by timmypod »

Snap, and I had a few deals goin' down.

I do hope it gets back up someday.... :kiss)
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

:cry:

I loved DCPS. One of the greatest ideas ever (especially since Dreamcast stuff is getting really hard to find these days). I made a few deals through there, really liked it. I'm very willing to help you out, I have lots of spare time (except for right now, I can help in like a week). The only thing is though, I don't know html (but can learn), or how to run a phpBB board (also willing to learn).
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Hmm. I'm sorry to hear that. I wish I could help. I hope I do find time to help get it back up and going.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

If its any consolation, if you'd like I can set up a temporary home for it at my forums. I doubt it would be much help, but I dunno.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Mat, please PM me. I can set the board up on my own hosting, and run the whole thing. Just give me some way to contact you and I can handle it.

Also would like to say that I have the time to do this, have installed a phpBB board before, and would keep the URL etc. the same.

-Nick
Very sexy hero, omg