NiGHTS coming to the Wii

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NiGHTS coming to the Wii

Post by az_bont »

A list of Japan releases came up at G-rev and soon enough, Siliconera sniffed it out with translations of the games. The last we heard of this rumor was way back early of last year when the Wii was still called Revolution. And to think, at that time, the rumor was based on hearsay of a drunken conversation. G-rev has listed a NiGHTS Into Dreams game from Sega, but whether or not this is a remake of the original game for Sega Saturn, nothing has been confirmed yet.

Source: NeoGAF via MaxConsole
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Yes that chart also says Radiant Silver Gun 3 is coming out even though there wasnt ever a game named Radiant Silver Gun 2. It also mentions NHL 2006 coming out in 07.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

this better be real because you just made me cream my pants.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

EDIT: Never mind, me being silly.
Last edited by az_bont on Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

RMD wrote:Yes that chart also says Radiant Silver Gun 3 is coming out even though there wasnt ever a game named Radiant Silver Gun 2.
Production/preliminary names sometimes show up on release lists, and if you've got a more plausible explanation for what Ikaruga's designation as "Project RS-2" means, I'm all ears.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

OMFG!

ANIMAL CROSSING!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Now that I own a 360 Id just assume see it on the all mightly 360 instead of the severely underpowered Wii. I guess the next version of nights will be Gamecube quality.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Makes me wonder how badly they're gonna wind up fucking it up.
It's thinking...
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Veggita2099 wrote:Now that I own a 360 Id just assume see it on the all mightly 360 instead of the severely underpowered Wii. I guess the next version of nights will be Gamecube quality.
For starters, I'm sure it'd handle awesome on the Wii compared to the 360. Secondly Game Cube was graphically better than the Saturn, so why is it a bad thing being on the Wii? Also I don't think "assume" is the word you're looking for, although I may be wrong on that.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Skynet wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:Now that I own a 360 Id just assume see it on the all mightly 360 instead of the severely underpowered Wii. I guess the next version of nights will be Gamecube quality.
For starters, I'm sure it'd handle awesome on the Wii compared to the 360. Secondly Game Cube was graphically better than the Saturn, so why is it a bad thing being on the Wii? Also I don't think "assume" is the word you're looking for, although I may be wrong on that.
He means "as soon." I also fail to see why people bitch and moan when a game is only "Gamecube quality," when the Gamecube is capable of gorgeous games like Metroid Prime, especially with a simple by today's standards game like Nights.
Komid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Komid »

Wii pwns your soul and you smell like feet.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Veggita2099 wrote:the severely underpowered Wii
Says the guy who clearly has a masterful grasp of computer architecture issues and knows everything about how Wii was designed. :roll:
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
Says the guy who clearly has a masterful grasp of computer architecture issues and knows everything about how Wii was designed. :roll:
I know Nintendo. How many DS games have been anything more then a GBA game with 2 screens? Yet that system is somewhere around the N64 in power if I'm not mistaken?

Yes the Wii is very underpowered when compared to other Next gen systems. I didn't realize how underpowered it was still I started playing some 360 games. Also it does not have any exclusive titles coming out for several months worth a crap. It looks like to me 90% of the games coming out for it are based off movies/cartoons. That is why I put mine on Ebay while they was still a little bit rare. Managed to actually make $30 profit after ebay/paypal fees.

Im not saying I hate the Wii, I will probably buy another one down the road once they are plentiful in the local stores. But yes for a next gen system it is very underpowered. You don't have to have a "masterful grasp of computer architecture"to see that.

Maybe Nintendo will prove me wrong, but I bet most Wii games will be Gamecube games with the new controller. So far thats what all of them are.

It never ceases to amaze me how stirred up people get when you say something negative about a game system. I am sure if Nights was coming to the Ps3 and I was complaining ID probably be given a round of applause. I mean lets face it, Nintendo Wii is the weakest next gen game system on the market minus handhelds. That is a fact and that was all I was saying. Is it that wrong of me to want to see Nights look as perfect as possible?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Veggita2099 wrote:
Ex-Cyber wrote:
I know Nintendo. How many DS games have been anything more then a GBA game with 2 screens? Yet that system is somewhere around the N64 in power if I'm not mistaken?
I think your perspective on this is a bit off. Just because something isn't 3D doesn't mean it's not a good game, and you can have a really polished 2D title that is still good eye candy. I also think you are either underestimating the DS' 2D handling ability (and how it has been put to use), or overestimating the GBA's.

What games are you talking about, specifically?
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

DaMadFiddler wrote: I also think you are either underestimating the DS' 2D handling ability (and how it has been put to use), or overestimating the GBA's.
I opt for the latter. Take the DS Castlevania games and compare them to screenshots of the GBA Castlevania games and tell me you don't see an improvement. The GBA just isn't capable of the level of detail that DS games have.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

butters wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote: I also think you are either underestimating the DS' 2D handling ability (and how it has been put to use), or overestimating the GBA's.
I opt for the latter. Take the DS Castlevania games and compare them to screenshots of the GBA Castlevania games and tell me you don't see an improvement. The GBA just isn't capable of the level of detail that DS games have.
Veggita keeps using this argument in every other thread that mentions the DS. He thinks that the GBA is capable of everything possible at the 2D level. Personally, I don't want 3D games for DS at all. I think that will be the death of 2D.
It's thinking...
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

The Wiis IQ (Image Quality) is actually a bit worse than the GCs was, weirdly. I'd say the GC probably had the best IQ of 'the last gen', but the Wii currently seems to be having a lot of problems.

There's a fair bit of dithering at 480p, (but not at 480i oddly) and some games (Red Steel) have a horrible amount of banding. Plus theres a whole lot of aliasing I wasn't expecting - some of the games look worse than PS2 launch titles :?

I've played the Wii through both component and composite, and the bleeding you get through composite is gone, but the dithering is still there looking like Safe Mode.

I really hope this is just 'launch title' teething troubles, I'm mostly having to play games in 4:3 as widescreen looks a bit rubbish on my HDTV as the jaggies / dithering is more pronounced.

Either way, there's no reason Nights would be rubbish on the Wii per se, outside of Segas recent track record of ruining older games with their 'remakes'. Except the new afterburner, which owns.
butters wrote:
I think the improved 2D on the DS is mostly down to the larger resolution than any inherent improved 2D capabilities - play some GBA games with the GC GBA player on a big TV and there is some incredibly detailed 2D pixel art going on in a lot of games.

Oh, Vegitta, you should play FF3 DS or look at the game videos for the upcoming FFXII Revenant Wings if you want to see what the DS is capable of when its trying.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
Ex-Cyber wrote:
I think your perspective on this is a bit off. Just because something isn't 3D doesn't mean it's not a good game, and you can have a really polished 2D title that is still good eye candy. I also think you are either underestimating the DS' 2D handling ability (and how it has been put to use), or overestimating the GBA's.

Yoshi's Island 2, Princess Peach are the first 2 that come to mind. I did not say all DS games are like that, but most of them do look like a GBA game with 2 screens. I also did not say a game that isn't 3d is bad, I am stating that they LOOK like a GBA game.

I am not against 2d games, I am just against buying a $150 system and getting GBA quality games. In fact I wish they would make some new 2d metroid games since those are the only ones I have ever really enjoyed. The new super Mario bros is a good example how a 2d game should look on the DS IMO.

I am aware what the DS is capable of, that is my biggest complaint about it. That was my whole point in this argument really. There are some nice looking 2D games on the DS that are not GBA quality. Super Mario Bros and the Castlevania games are probably good examples. However there is a lot of them that are.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

Veggita2099 wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
Ex-Cyber wrote:

Yoshi's Island 2, Princess Peach are the first 2 that come to mind. I did not say all DS games are like that, but most of them do look like a GBA game with 2 screens. I also did not say a game that isn't 3d is bad, I am stating that they LOOK like a GBA game.

I am not against 2d games, I am just against buying a $150 system and getting GBA quality games. In fact I wish they would make some new 2d metroid games since those are the only ones I have ever really enjoyed. The new super Mario bros is a good example how a 2d game should look on the DS IMO.

I am aware what the DS is capable of, that is my biggest complaint about it. That was my whole point in this argument really. There are some nice looking 2D games on the DS that are not GBA quality. Super Mario Bros and the Castlevania games are probably good examples. However there is a lot of them that are.
So your two prime examples are kids games?
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Imagine if this was just a game callen Nights.