Resident Evil 2 Deadly Silence

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Resident Evil 2 Deadly Silence

Post by cube_b3 »

I was just wondering if this was possible? As far as I know the 1st one was a critical and commercial success. So when do you think the next one would come out.

I was hoping there would be a new Resident Evil game around when the movie is released, it would compliment each other.

It doesn't look like Resident Evil 5 would be comming out, rumors are that Umbrella Chronicles could very well come out by Summer (which is before september right?)
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by gamedudex2 »

well re chronicles will prob be out in the fall, re5 isnt coming til 08

re 2 for ds i hope comes out.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Possible? Totally. DS supports cards well past 256mb to my knowledge, probably even a gig if they made them. You'd be limited to how fast the DS can play FMV sequences and at what quality.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Resident Evil 2 on the N64 was only 64MB/512Mbit. Whilst Resident Evil DS was twice that, around half of the space on the card was for MPEG-1 movies, which are far less efficient than formats used in other games.

I'd also venture the videos would be much easier to compress, as they were entirely CGI and fairly letterboxed (equivalent to just 256x112 on the DS's screen).
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

I think you're stretching it a bit with "critical and commercial" success. It didn't flop completely, but it didn't do well enough to warrant working on a sequel right away.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Resident Evil 1 for the DS was a horrible mess, I only hope they release a sequel if it is FAR improved on the original.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

not just souLLy now wrote:Resident Evil 1 for the DS was a horrible mess, I only hope they release a sequel if it is FAR improved on the original.
You say that like Resident Evil was originally this pristine piece of art that had absolutely nothing wrong with it. You can only do so well when your source material is...interesting.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Post by Dew »

not just souLLy now wrote:Resident Evil 1 for the DS was a horrible mess, I only hope they release a sequel if it is FAR improved on the original.
The touch screen features felt really tacked on and the multiplayer feature was pure shit. But overall if you played it in the regular mode you had the original Resident Evil with some minor graphical improvements.

I personally don't like it when they improve upon their original games. For instance the only DS game I have traded in has been Mario 64 DS. I really didn't like the changes, or the controls for that matter. It was a perfectly good game the way it was without the extra stars and characters. I have the Wii version now and I have played it much more than I ever did the DS one.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Personally for me it gave the game a new life. I have't started playing the remake on Game Cube because it is probably a little difficult where as Resident Evil DS was so easy it was actually playable on the go.

Master of knifing anyone :D.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Master of ass rubbing was more like it :twisted:
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Personally I am satisfied with the gameplay updates and the toch screen features.

Rebirth mode really speeds up the game, IMO.

In conclusion what is the probability that Capcom will release RE2 DS by 2008 (I was hoping to play it in Summer 2007) without any external movements such as posting on Official Capcom Boards, or the usual direct mail petition kind of things?